SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

• 2 weeks later...

A building permit was issued this week for the foundation/footings for the new Village at SouthPark.  Looks like they should be starting up in a couple of weeks.  I would assume this means that Crate & Barrell is going there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah more than likely .. C&B is headed to SP

A building permit was issued this week for the foundation/footings for the new Village at SouthPark.  Looks like they should be starting up in a couple of weeks.  I would assume this means that Crate & Barrell is going there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the Re-Zoning sign still doing on the lot Atlrvr? Is there still something that still is pending with the development and the city? ;)

A2

Has anyone been around SouthPark lately? I haven't been in a few months and haven't seen if they've begun work on Dillard's.. I think they started building the deck though?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't actually go in Dillard's, but it looked like only the deck was under construction.

aww.. but that's such a great year.. haha

Yeah the interior renovated would be nice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it was authentically Ivey's with no major changes (aka Hanes Mall), I might feel differently. But this is a big Dillard's at a prominent location that is looking shabby compared to everyone else (even Hecht's exited the '80s finally)

If it was authentically Ivey's with no major changes (aka Hanes Mall), I might feel differently. But this is a big Dillard's at a prominent location that is looking shabby compared to everyone else (even Hecht's exited the '80s finally)

I am with you on that statement 100%. I can't believe it has taken them this long.

yeah it does resemble Hanes' Dillard's interior.. so the interior renovated will be exciting

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They used to look even more alike, but Dillard's ripped out a lot of the Ivey's SouthPark stuff on the first level about ten years ago.

I'm not a huge fan of Dillard's new interiors, but after the last few Belk remodels I've seen, I have to applaud them for being somewhat more distinctive by comparasin.

Edited by StevenRocks

• 3 weeks later...