SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

17 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I am waiting on a takeout order at Cheesecake Factory because someone randomly gave me a gift card. I have never been in one. It is... Something, that is for sure.

15584701754071815017722.jpg

hard to believe its still in business. 

1 minute ago, J-Rob said:

Based on my unscientific observations, I think residents from surrounding counties look at Cheesecake factory as a tourist attraction.

You would be correct. I just don't get it. Its so not good.

1 hour ago, J-Rob said:

Based on my unscientific observations, I think residents from surrounding counties look at Cheesecake factory as a tourist attraction.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

You would be correct. I just don't get it. Its so not good.

Maybe it's the MASSIVE portions? I'm not adverse to eating but oh my, they have portions unlike anything I've ever seen. I'm not exaggerating when I say a single entree could easily feed four.

• Haha 2

Sephora apparently is temporarily closing and moving to next to Barnes & Noble at Morrison.  At first I thought it was moving to Atherton Mills in South End but that will be a different location.  The lady told me they are expanding the South Park store and should be done in a few months.  

Not sure if my comments are better in another thread? But feeling confident it's Urban Planet adjacent.

11 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Eagle's Landing's (is the name intended to invoke patriotism? Leaves me feeling a bit red, white and blue) proposed actions are breathtaking in their chutzpah.  I wandered down this rabbit hole a bit and came across this (https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/11/eagles-landing-cityhood-vote-atlanta-stockbridge/571990/):

“I serve on the Henry County zoning board,” said Consiglio, “and so I kept seeing all of these places like Bojangle’s, Waffle Houses, dollar stores, and all this going up in our county. And I was like, why can’t we get a Cheesecake Factory, or a P.F. Chang’s or a Houston’s? We have areas that have high incomes, so what’s the deal?”

Eagle’s Landing is a prestigious community that desires leisure, shopping, and dining amenities that reflect their gentry. . .

First, slagging on our hometown chicken hero and then claiming some sort of gentry because they live in a prestigious community of gated (Mc)mansions? It is impressive. The other thing which is interesting is the doughnut hole Stockbridge seems to have in their corporate limits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2019 at 9:30 PM, TheOneRJ said:

There was a fight between some sort of celebrity and another man today in the Louis Vuitton store. Security did absolutely nothing and the fight let out into the mall

that fight involved hometown up-and-coming rapper, da baby...

from his instagram:

also recently acquitted for killing someone in self defense at a walmart in north charlotte. 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article228642214.html

Edited by sclark

21 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

After visiting Urban Outfitters for the first time, I have decided a second location would absolutely KILL in SouthEnd, it would also kill my bank account. 

Yeah I don’t understand for the life of me why they haven’t opened in SouthEnd yet.  I personally think they would do even better in South End than South Park. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I actually personally wouldn't be surprised to see Urban Outfitters close or shift to online only to be very honest. I haven't bought anything there in years and most of my millennial friends are the same.  I shopped there in high school and during undergrad, but now H&M/Zara carry essentially the same clothes at like 60% less. I feel the men's section at the SP location gets smaller and smaller during each visit, and the items are ridiculously overpriced that its funny. I walked in there once and saw a pair of Levi's jeans for around 90 dollars. Nordstrom had the same exact pair on sale for only $50 online. I know clothing retail is full of markups, but I would love to see the markup on their stuff. Crazy.

I walk by the Georgetown DC location almost weekly and its usually pretty empty compared to most of the other stores on the strip. 

What I can't for the life of me understand is how there is no Zara in CLT. It's crazy. Metro areas in the US half the size have at least one Zara. Same goes for Club Monaco. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, LKN704 said:

I actually personally wouldn't be surprised to see Urban Outfitters close or shift to online only to be very honest. I haven't bought anything there in years and most of my millennial friends are the same.  I shopped there in high school and during undergrad, but now H&M/Zara carry essentially the same clothes at like 60% less. I feel the men's section at the SP location gets smaller and smaller during each visit, and the items are ridiculously overpriced that its funny. I walked in there once and saw a pair of Levi's jeans for around 90 dollars. Nordstrom had the same exact pair on sale for only $50 online. I know clothing retail is full of markups, but I would love to see the markup on their stuff. Crazy.

I walk by the Georgetown DC location almost weekly and its usually pretty empty compared to most of the other stores on the strip. 

What I can't for the life of me understand is how there is no Zara in CLT. It's crazy. Metro areas in the US half the size have at least one Zara. Same goes for Club Monaco. 

Agreed!  Urban Outfitters has half of the selection it used to.  And yeah Zara and Club Monaco should’ve opened here years ago, as well as TopShop/TopMan.   I think we will start seeing a shift in retail from SP towards south end and uptown; especially with brands that cater to millennials.  I hardly ever see young adults in the mall.  Maybe they should open a brewery in the mall? Lol

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2019 at 4:23 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

I am waiting on a takeout order at Cheesecake Factory because someone randomly gave me a gift card. I have never been in one. It is... Something, that is for sure.

15584701754071815017722.jpg

It is loud and rather obnoxious imo when busy. Once in Aventura, and once in JAX is enough of C.F. for this one. 

On 6/5/2019 at 8:56 AM, Temeteron said:

Agreed!  Urban Outfitters has half of the selection it used to.  And yeah Zara and Club Monaco should’ve opened here years ago, as well as TopShop/TopMan.   I think we will start seeing a shift in retail from SP towards south end and uptown; especially with brands that cater to millennials.  I hardly ever see young adults in the mall.  Maybe they should open a brewery in the mall? Lol

How about the Zara in Georgetown. LOVE!  

Inside the Nordstrom there is a pretty decent TopMan/TopShop section. I do agree Urban Outfitters is overpriced, but I see teenagers and millennials in there every time I go, it's definitely one of their busier locations. A few days ago I spent $200 on 4 things...

TopShop/TopMan are liquidating all of their stores in the US after declaring bankruptcy so no chance of that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/topshop-closes-all-us-stores-2019-5

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/topshop-close-all-us-stores

Edited by CLT2014

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Anything  new with this place? Retail sure is dead. 

Warby Parker has opened and Sunglass Hut has opened a new beautiful store next to the Lids Store.  The other location in the Dillard’s wing has closed.  The kiosk that was next to the new store will be moved elsewhere in the mall.  Other than that,  nothing really exciting