SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for them to bring an A/X, Gucci, French Connection, Crate & Barrel, Barneys of New York, Saks, and Diesel stores. Oh and i heard that the Hecht's is gonna turn into a Bloomingdale's since all the other Hecht's are in middle class malls which will transform into Macy's after the merge will be complete.

I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for them to bring an A/X, Gucci, French Connection, Crate & Barrel, Barneys of New York, Saks, and Diesel stores.  Oh and i heard that the Hecht's is gonna turn into a Bloomingdale's since all the other Hecht's are in middle class malls which will transform into Macy's after the merge will be complete.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's some lofty thoughts there, GreekFreak. Hope they come true.

You know what else SP needs.....a freakin CD store/Electronic store....There was electronic boutique a few years ago but it was in the deteriorating hallway where Sears used to be and it ended up closing.....I think a Sam Goody(none in the charlotte area yet) or FYE would be perfect....but there isn't any room anywhere...Joseph Beth's music selection is really not that good by the way....

Blockbuster Music used to be there too.. I've bought countless amounts of music from there.. FYE tends to be in average malls rather than upscale malls though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do think it would be odd to have a big, tacky FYE in Southpark. Are there any music stores that seem nicer?

SP has an electronics store.  It's called Apple  :).  As far as CDs go, stores that focus only on music are slowly going by the wayside.  We can get all of that more cheaply and quicker from the internet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha. And what a store it is.

This is why CD stores now carry and often rent DVDs as well. Of course there are still those of us who prefer to have the actual product in hand to keep CD stores in business.

Edited by f0xym0p

yea speaking of Apple and thier great stores, I have patronaged thier iTunes more then I would have liked to. I have spent $250+ on it in the last two weeks, that should leave me with enough music for a while. lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yikes! I just put my CDs on my ipod. The only time I would buy a song is if I didn't want the entire CD, just one or two songs, but that usually isn't the case.

Edited by f0xym0p

I do think it would be odd to have a big, tacky FYE in Southpark. Are there any music stores that seem nicer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At Tysons Galleria near Washington, which is in the same upmarket league as SouthPark, there is The Wall, which is what some FYE stores were called before the big conversion a few years ago. I'm sure that store still owned by Trans-World, which is the parent company of both nameplates. It was a little less garish than the typical FYE, but with the same basic selection.

Considering SouthPark's context, The Wall would work a little better there than a full-blown FYE. Not that I think that the mall will get a record store in the near future, of course.

Does anybody remember Spectrum Music when it was at SouthPark? It was pretty much a Camelot Music by another name, and it was near the main entrance roughly where Foot Locker is now. That was a decent mall record store.

"yea speaking of Apple and thier great stores, I have patronaged thier iTunes more then I would have liked to. I have spent $250+ on it in the last two weeks, that should leave me with enough music for a while. lol."

Ouch, what a waste of money. Way to spend 250$ on music you have no control over, in a format that is 12 months away from being obsolete. People who buys songs on Itunes are suckers.

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool and mod.

Yeah, I looked at a few of their stores on the website and most of them were really nice looking mod type designs. I'm looking foward to the rendering. By the way, does anyone know if C&B is officially going into the mall. I know that's what has been presumed but I have yet to hear anything establishing that as concrete. I assume we will know when the renderings come out.

Yeah, I looked at a few of their stores on the website and most of them were really nice looking mod type designs. I'm looking foward to the rendering. By the way, does anyone know if C&B is officially going into the mall. I know that's what has been presumed but I have yet to hear anything establishing that as concrete. I assume we will know when the renderings come out.

C&B will be freestanding. It's taking the surface lot directly in front of Maggiano's.

C&B will be freestanding. It's taking the surface lot directly in front of Maggiano's.

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!! This means we are going to have the Sothpark Village and a freestanding C&B.

:D

THIS IS GREAT MC !!!

A2

BTW, I went by that dumpy apt. complex. I am VERY pleased that they will be Bulldozing that POS. What an outdated, dumpy complex.

"yea speaking of Apple and thier great stores, I have patronaged thier iTunes more then I would have liked to. I have spent $250+ on it in the last two weeks, that should leave me with enough music for a while. lol."

Ouch, what a waste of money. Way to spend 250$ on music you have no control over, in a format that is 12 months away from being obsolete. People who buys songs on Itunes are suckers.

I am a little late in my rebuttal but you can burn them to CDs and those are cheap (like .20 a piece) so I burn them to a cd and I get the music legally for less of a price. I did do my research and I found that I received more control over what I could do with the music by choosing iTunes over say Rhapsody or Napster.

I have not heard of what the new format is, perhaps you could enlighten me. MP3 is still in wide use and it is a very obsolete format by several years.

• 3 weeks later...

Really? How can they fit in a freestanding store the size of which C&B prefers in front of Maggiano's AND have the new parking deck in front of Dillard's? Is there enough room for all of that and if so, wouldn't the main entrance to the mall be blocked visually? I also thought I remembered hearing that C&B was headed over to the new development on Morrison?

Jordano's is just amazing........if anyone in here as nice sense of style (although it is quite expensive in there) you guys should check it out! :thumbsup:

I haven't been to the new spot here but I was always less than impressed when I dropped by the store at Stonecrest! The prices are to be expected with the labels they are carrying but it just failed to "wow" me really. When Neiman's opens next year (along with A|X, Hermes, and Prada "supposedly"

:unsure:) I can't see why anyone would shop at J's when you could go up, up, and away...?