SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Yup, I HATE to see Dillard's exterior be transformed into another generic arch designed Dillard's - ew

I'm glad others appreciate the current modernist white brick design. Unfortunately, some didn't like it and hence other stores at the mall don't have that original look anymore (Belk and Sears, Belk's remodeled exterior and Sears is demolished).

dillard13bs.jpg

dillard29dn.jpg

Edited by cantnot

• 2 weeks later...

Went to SouthPark yesterday and snapped a couple of shots of NM.
Thanks appatone. It's going to be an awesome looking store. The porte cochere on the West Plaza side is a nice touch.

still awaiting the list of new tenants coming to the NM wing. Hope the rumors of A/X, Chanel, Dior, Hermes, Gucci, and Fendi come true. Charlotte would really become a hotspot for retail in the South.
I think we'll get A/X, Chanel, Gucci and Hermes.

I'm not really the expert on this matter but, do you guys really think we'll get a Prada. I know it was rumored in the business journal but to my knowledge Miami is the only city in the south to have one. There isn't one in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Philadephia, or DC. I don't think there are any Pradas in malls as they are known for working with noted architects on the design of the stores.

As far as Fendi is concerned the same can be said for them. Actually I think there are less of those. I don't even think Chicago has a Fendi. Granted I only put in about five minutes of research on Google. I could be wrong though. When Kate Spade came to Charlotte the only other store they had was in NYC.

I'm not really the expert on this matter but, do you guys really think we'll get a Prada. I know it was rumored in the business journal but to my knowledge Miami is the only city in the south to have one. There isn't one in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Philadephia, or DC. I don't think there are any Pradas in malls as they are known for working with noted architects on the design of the stores.

As far as Fendi is concerned the same can be said for them. Actually I think there are less of those. I don't even think Chicago has a Fendi. Granted I only put in about five minutes of research on Google. I could be wrong though. When Kate Spade came to Charlotte the only other store they had was in NYC.

Are you sure about that kate spade remark cuz i couldve sworn there was one in DC, and Boston.....i know that ATL, Houston, Dallas, and Boca Raton came later........

As far as the new tenant line up for the Neiman Wing.....I have a feeling its going to be A/X, Gucci, Hermes, & either Prada, or maybe even Salvatore Ferragamo, I doubt Fendi will come, i wish French Connection and Club Monaco would come though....and we could definately put in a BCBG in there too...why not?

Those Kate Spade stores came online about the same time. Charlotte got one early because the expansion wing at SouthPark was ready

Salvatore Ferragamo would be awesome. I don't know if we'll see it though. The shoes sell pretty well at Belk and Nordstrom, but their men's sportswear line bombed at Belk several years ago.

We don't really have the affluent young adult population yet at SouthPark to support a French Connection or BCBG, but Club Monaco could work.

If Marfa, TX can get a Prada, then I'm certain Charlotte can.

http://www.pradamarfa.com/

I'm not sure why they haven't updated since the store was completed, but here it is...I believe they only stock shoes.

http://www.kultureflash.net/archive/138/El...pradamarfa.html

I third the Club Monaco opinion. That's the only store in Lenox that compulses me to tolerate the congestion to get their. Please no FCUK, my wife would deplete our bank account in record time.

Edited by atlrvr

Prada intends to expand more in U.S., but their current focus is Asia. They're having some internal issues that forces them only focus on one thing at a time.

PPR has kind of neglected Fendi in favor of brands like Gucci. Judging from the size of the expansion, I think Gucci, Hermes, A|X and something like BCBG. It can't be all high end stores. That doesn't suit the retail mix Simon wants at SP. I wouldn't be shocked if there was one high end store and 3 (or 4) mid end stores. I really don't see Chanel opening. At least not at this time. They're not big on mall stores anyway. They also like to be "special". They don't want to open their store when everyone else is.

As for the Village -- I really believe there will be far more restaurants than retail. And most of the retail will be centered around everyday needs as opposed to luxury goods.

If Marfa, TX can get a Prada, then I'm certain Charlotte can.

http://www.pradamarfa.com/

I'm not sure why they haven't updated since the store was completed, but here it is...I believe they only stock shoes.

http://www.kultureflash.net/archive/138/El...pradamarfa.html

I third the Club Monaco opinion. That's the only store in Lenox that compulses me to tolerate the congestion to get their. Please no FCUK, my wife would deplete our bank account in record time.

This is just an art project not a real store.

http://www.brandinfection.com/category/branding/

If you look at most of the other Prada stores they are very extravagant, well at least their concept stores are, and they are usually in a downtown retail invironment that already supports high density retail, not in malls.

Japan Prada

PradaTokyo.jpg

NY Prada

shop1.jpg

Edited by fulcrumsf