SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Yes, because surface lots are exactly what Charlotte needs to preserve the most. I'm aware they are safer, sorta, but an well patrolled underground parking deck with greenspace on top would seem much "classier." With as many officers as I see perusing the mall on their little bi-peds, or whatever those things are called, moving two of them into a deck to patrol can't be a bad idea and wouldn't cost them anything extra.
Sarcasm aside, that spot at Neiman Marcus/West Plaza and the shrunken lot in front of Macy's are the only surface parking left at SouthPark. The rest is in decks or under the mall. There are a lot of people paranoid about parking decks for safety and personal issues, and they have to be accomodated too.

I also noticed today that there is a sign in front of what used to be Leonardo stating that Johnston & Murphy is moving there (temporary location). Are they going to remodel their current store? Also, Gap is about empty in preparation to close for remodeling. bebe is coming along nicely and should be open any day now.

I also noticed today that there is a sign in front of what used to be Leonardo stating that Johnston & Murphy is moving there (temporary location). Are they going to remodel their current store?
I didn't know Johnston & Murphy was remodeling, but it makes sense. That's the only store on the Belk wing that hasn't been renovated in the last few years, and new J&M stores look different than that one does.

I was browsing online and found this off the Char-Meck Planning Commission Site. They have a small list of shopping centers throughout the city. Anyway, I found this and I thought that some of you might want to take a look at it because it has a few photos of Southpark before Nordstrom, Neiman, and Dick's and also a photo of Dillard's before they started the renovation. It also includes a planning map that shows Saks Fifth Avenue outlined and marked. Just hought you might find it interesting incase you've never seen it. :)

Edited by DaAchiever

Ok, im a bit confused.....it says on the Store Directory SouthPark site, that Tire Kingdom is open next to the fountain in between Fink's & Helzberg Diamonds....so its a kiosk.....but what exactly can they serve to you? Or did someone already mention this?

Well for the wealthy individuals who go to the mall and can afford this luxury, they can drop their keys off at the kiosk and select what tires they want on their car and while you're shopping they will run your car to Tire Kingdom and put new tires on and run it back to you.

Edited by DaAchiever

Well for the wealthy individuals who go to the mall and can afford this luxury, they can drop their keys off at the kiosk and select what tires they want on their car and while you're shopping they will run your car to Tire Kingdom and put new tires on and run it back to you.

How would they find your car? The whole thing is confusing to me. :wacko:

I know of a couple people that have interviewed with Ralph Lauren and RL is saying that Thomas Pink is "strong and likely" for the 4th spot in Neiman Marcus wing. I really hope that is true because the mall could use more menswear stores. I know they do womens as well, but their focus is mens and other than brooks brothers there isn't too many places (other than dept. stores) that has a strong mens section.

I know of a couple people that have interviewed with Ralph Lauren and RL is saying that Thomas Pink is "strong and likely" for the 4th spot in Neiman Marcus wing. I really hope that is true because the mall could use more menswear stores. I know they do womens as well, but their focus is mens and other than brooks brothers there isn't too many places (other than dept. stores) that has a strong mens section.

Wow!

Now THAT is a first-tier retailer and a BIG catch for Charlotte as well! The Thomas Pinks in Manhattan and Boston aren't that big so SP could have a store that rivals the NY ones (not just a postage-stamp replica of Manhattan stores).

Excellent!

Wow!

Now THAT is a first-tier retailer and a BIG catch for Charlotte as well! The Thomas Pinks in Manhattan and Boston aren't that big so SP could have a store that rivals the NY ones (not just a postage-stamp replica of Manhattan stores).

Excellent!

I'm hoping it is true but this is coming second hand from someone from Ralph Lauren so I am not getting my hopes up too much. Thomas Pink makes a damn fine shirt.

I finally saw the Tire Kingdom. It's a kiosk in the Fountain Court with this massic concierge looking desk as its office. There was no advertising and only one lonely attendent. Do not look for this place to last.

Yeah, i saw it also yesterday, there is one in Carolina Place Mall also....

This link to Simon's marketing brochure has some renderings of The Village that I have never seen, plus an overall updated mall property site plan.

http://www.simon.com/mall/LeasingSheet%5CSouth%20Park788.pdf

Edit. I just realized RD21 posted this on SSC before I did...didn't mean to try and steal his credit. We miss you here!

Edited by atlrvr

I know this is sort of a dead issue, but someone alluded a while back that Neiman's was delaying their opening till March for some psychotic reasoning. FWIW, in the copy of Charlotte Magazine that arrived in the mail today, NM has an ad that reaffirms the 15Sep opening, if there was still any doubt.