SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Theres no difference between a Polo Ralph Lauren Store and a Ralph Lauren Store, it really depends on what the mall calls it as every ralph lauren store ive been to, its just ralph lauren. THere is a different between what different stores carry however. Like what DaAchiever said, the SouthPark one probably wont be as nice/big/stocked as the one in Florida. Most Ralph Lauren stores in indoor/enclosed malls tend to be smaller and less stocked than ones in open air malls/streetscape.

Probably wont have one. neimanmarcus.com doesn't mention one and Denver has a larger store and doesn't have an NM Cafe. I mean, do you really want part of an 80k sq foot store taken up by a cafe! As nice as a cafe might be, Id rather just have that much more selection =P

Edited by shrek05

Probably wont have one. neimanmarcus.com doesn't mention one and Denver has a larger store and doesn't have an NM Cafe. I mean, do you really want part of an 80k sq foot store taken up by a cafe! As nice as a cafe might be, Id rather just have that much more selection =P

Yes- try those popovers or the monkey bread and you will be addicted as well! We need that to have a "real" Neimans.

haha. ive always just walked past it at neimans. was never really tempted by them. guess ill have to try them out next time :), i mean, even wikipedia talks about the "cookie legend" must be some pretty damn good cookies

The cookies are huge- very thick and chewy- and absolutely delicious. The downtown Dallas NM is the only place I've had them- there is a cafe on the ground floor there. At least hopefully we'll have that!

Curious too why the NM at SouthPark is closing at 7pm most days- don't they realize that hard-working people can't make it to the store then except on Saturdays?

The cookies are huge- very thick and chewy- and absolutely delicious. The downtown Dallas NM is the only place I've had them- there is a cafe on the ground floor there. At least hopefully we'll have that!

Curious too why the NM at SouthPark is closing at 7pm most days- don't they realize that hard-working people can't make it to the store then except on Saturdays?

That can't be right.... they close at 6pm on Saturday!?

Hey... Who you callin' "hard working"???
:unsure: yeah, that was an obvious mistake. How many countless work hours are spent posting messages on internet bulletin boards? How many milliions in productivity costs are wasted by people with internet handles like turbocraig, atlrvr, cantnot, A2, mobuchu, stevenrocks, mallguy, and cinco? Oh the shame. I would never do such a thing. Besides, I have to go to the mall...no time to post off topic messages.

NM had their doors open this morning before the mall opened while they were doing work on the entrance way into the mall. I tried to get a good look inside but I was running late for work. Looks like things are coming right along... almost all of the fixtures looked to be in. Not much else I could see except for the escalators in the middle of the store. Not the most excited report from the mall but hey, I tried :)

NM had their doors open this morning before the mall opened while they were doing work on the entrance way into the mall. I tried to get a good look inside but I was running late for work. Looks like things are coming right along... almost all of the fixtures looked to be in. Not much else I could see except for the escalators in the middle of the store. Not the most excited report from the mall but hey, I tried :)

Thanks for the info- did you see a restaurant or cafe-type thing in there?

Thanks for the info- did you see a restaurant or cafe-type thing in there?

With all the ladders and other construction equipment still in the store, it was hard to really make out anything specific. Plus I was looking at it from around Tiffany's front door so i wasn't exactly up close and personal.

I was at the mall last week and my buddy asked the dude at Caryle & Co. how expensive was their most valauble piece of jewelry and the guy said 60k. I wonder what it is at Tiffany's.

One of the security guards that works there came in looking for a job (apparently working security is boring, who would have thunk it?) and is a pretty nice guy. I see him walking around the mall everyonce in a while, I'll try to remember and ask him next time I see him.

Has Neiman Marcus stores always just accepted cash, American Express and Neiman Marcus card only? I know on the website will accept Visa and Mastercard but the SouthPark NM, as far as credit is concerned, will only accept American Express and Neiman Marcus. According to a friend of mine that is an asst. manager at NM they will not accept Visa and Mastercard because Visa and MC sell their information and NM wants to keep their client list private. Are all Neiman stores like this? I have a feeling this is going to piss off ALOT of people that are new to shopping at NM.

Also, if anyone cares, the avg. handbag price at the NM store will be $1500.

^^Yes, for the longest time Visa and MC were not accepted at any locations and only recently American Express was (even moreso at the arrival of the AE Black Card). But Neimans is now experimenting with Visa and MC at certain locations, mainly their high profit locations in Texas, Florida and California.

^Thats interesting. Maybe its what they do when they first open? The latest Ive ever seen an NM close is 8 pm (Las Vegas location), even the BH and Dallas main flagship locations close at 6 or 7 during the week.

So if its really open until 9, better take advantage of these extra hours!

Edited by shrek05