SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

I was at the mall today and there is going to be one more store in the Neiman Marcus wing. On the right side of the wing there is Hermes, then Billy Reid in the middle, and then a space for one more store. I'm thinking since jewelry does really well at SouthPark, maybe it will be Cartier?

Edited by nyxmike

I can't get the image out of my head of what I saw at a side show at the Eastern Carolina State Fair back when I was in high school. "Meet Billy Reid--Victim of drug abuse!!" They took you back in this dark place with a cage and someone they called Billy Reid did things like put snakes down his throat, shoved nails up his nose, etc. Sure glad he's overcome his addiction troubles. The miracle of fashion and retailing. :shades:

Edited by Miesian Corners

It's not the clothes that got me excited. I don't own a single designer item and it's unlikely I will for some time to come. It's the concept, the branding of the line that I like so much. I just think it's refreshing to see an old Southern front portch or central hall used as a backdrop instead of the old hum drum beach weathered wood shingled New England house or crew team boat slip. Couple it with that song and I'm happy to see something new and Southern.

You mean you haven't heard of Dixie Outfitters? :rofl:

In the Ralph Lauren store? It looks like it's about ready to open, from what I could tell, 50 feet away.

I've gone in there twice now and I am not that impressed. It is too small for the amount of stuff they are trying to fit in there. There was a few Purple Label sweaters but I saw nothing else from that line. I thought the polo "wall" was small and lacking as well. I guess I was just expecting more.

I've gone in there twice now and I am not that impressed. It is too small for the amount of stuff they are trying to fit in there. There was a few Purple Label sweaters but I saw nothing else from that line. I thought the polo "wall" was small and lacking as well. I guess I was just expecting more.
Give it a chance to adjust to the market. They probably are playing it conservative to see how things sell at first.

Yeah i stopped by today in there also.....it wasnt that impressive....and its RALPH LAUREN not Polo Ralph Lauren like they said....why i have no idea
Tem, it's called Ralph Lauren because it sells a wider variety of of the Ralph Lauren labels than just Polo Ralph Lauren. The name is really not much of an issue to me, because that's how all of their latest stores are labeled.

With strong sales comes greater selection! It probably won't have the widest selection as its a smaller store (similar to the size at Princeton, NJ, which recently stocks a wider range of colors and more purple/black. But if you help it get strong sales, you will most likely see some better stocked goods!

And Tem, from what I have seen, all boutique Ralph Lauren stores are called Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren stores are outlet stores that exclusively sell the Polo brand.

Couple of things I saw today at work...

Painters were out this morning painting the Hermes logo all over the orange wall were Heremes will be. I know, nothing exciting....

As I was taking cardboard boxes to the compactor, I noticed outside the mall office door were some signs (like the ones that go on top of the little kiosks) and they read "Hollywood Video".... Could there be some sort of movie rental kiosk going in the mall somewhere?

I do not know if one is going in the mall, but I can say that on a recent trip to Portland a Hollywood video did have an automated machine. I have not seen one of these here yet, but I have not been to a Hollywood video lately. It seems very possible they could be putting one of these machines in the mall. Put in your Credit Card, make a selection, and out comes a DVD...seems like it could work in a mall.

Sorry, I did not actually use the machine. It only stocked 10 or so dvds, so I just went into the store and rented one. The advantage to the machine is that you only need a credit card, no registration required. Has anyone else seen one of these? I did not realize they had not started rolling these out in other places, although maybe we will soon see one at Southpark.

Sorry, I did not actually use the machine. It only stocked 10 or so dvds, so I just went into the store and rented one. The advantage to the machine is that you only need a credit card, no registration required. Has anyone else seen one of these? I did not realize they had not started rolling these out in other places, although maybe we will soon see one at Southpark.

There is something similar in the Bloom grocery store in the University area if I remember correctly.

There is something similar in the Bloom grocery store in the University area if I remember correctly.

There sure is. I have used that particular one many times. At Bloom, it cost a dollar a day and you could return it whenever you wanted. But, if it took you like two weeks to return it, the cost was like 37 dollars, or something like that.