SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

They are really working their grand opening. A few days, way up here at Lake Norman, I got an expensive shopping bag thing from them. (Expensive for mass distribution that is) I believe you get a discount for everything that you can fit into that bag during the grand opening. Southpark is easily a 30+ minute trip from here going one way (when the traffic is good) so they must be really wanting to get the word out.

They know that rich people live at the lake.

Juicy Couture has been added to the mall's website as coming soon. Also, the new article about Neiman's on charlotte.com says that the store has been designed to accomodate a third floor, which they mention could be added after a year.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/15513883.htm

I can't access the article right now, but I think they'd be well served to have a bigger store if NM does catch on here. :)

Juicy Couture has been added to the mall's website as coming soon. Also, the new article about Neiman's on charlotte.com says that the store has been designed to accomodate a third floor, which they mention could be added after a year.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/15513883.htm

That's good news. I'll bet they'll want it.

If all goes well, I'll vist NM SouthPark tomorrow. I won't be walking out with huge bags, but maybe a fragrance or two :)

Hah, have good luck tomorrow Steven! I went to Neiman Marcus tonight to only be turned away by store employees who told us the store was closing even though it was exactly 7:10 PM and the store closes at 9:00 PM on M-Sat. The only reason I got for being shooed away was," Our store hours and website hours aren't always going to agree with one another." So pretty much I made a wasted trip down there and I was looking forward to taking a look at their merchandise. :( Although I did get a few pictures. I hope you get some interior photos of NM while you're there Steven!

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

And for those of you that may haven't heard. Juicy Couture is the other store that will open in the new Neiman Marcus wing. I was impressed with the Ralph Lauren store and BCBG looked very nice and appeared to be doing alot of business!

Very nice pics, DaAchiever :)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any inside pictures at NM SouthPark today. I got there about 4:30 PM and the store was packed, not to mention the eager salespeople who I kept on getting into conversations with. It made picture-taking nearly impossible, though I grabbed a couple of exterior shots and one of the mall entrance.

My hope is that next time I'm down, I can get some inside shots, especially of that art inatallation in the escalator well. I'm not a butterfly kind of dude usually, but that was beautiful.

09-17-06_1633.jpg

09-17-06_1812.jpg

09-17-06_1749.jpg

http://livemalls.blogspot.com/2006/09/neim...-charlotte.html

If you click on the link to the LiveMalls page, you can see a couple of artist's renderings I found in SouthPark magazine

This store lived up to my expectations. Very clean and elegant design inside and out. It's a little small, to be sure, but they have a little bit of everything you'd expect from NM except for a caf

Edited by StevenRocks

Hah, have good luck tomorrow Steven! I went to Neiman Marcus tonight to only be turned away by store employees who told us the store was closing even though it was exactly 7:10 PM and the store closes at 9:00 PM on M-Sat.

Actually, they close at 6pm on Saturday. They stayed open a bit longer this past weekend due to the number of people in the store.

Billy Reid is now open according to the mall website, leaving Hermes and Juicy Couture left to open. Also is there any news regarding tenants for the Village at Southpark? Isn't it close to being complete? I saw the Crate and Barrel, and it looks pretty nice, compared to other CB stores. Is this the only stand alone CB?

Billy Reid is now open according to the mall website, leaving Hermes and Juicy Couture left to open. Also is there any news regarding tenants for the Village at Southpark? Isn't it close to being complete? I saw the Crate and Barrel, and it looks pretty nice, compared to other CB stores. Is this the only stand alone CB?

Billy Reid can't be open! I was there a week and two days ago and they had yet to put up drywall let alone a ceiling, paint, decor items, and an entrance. I think this is a mistake.

Billy Reid can't be open! I was there a week and two days ago and they had yet to put up drywall let alone a ceiling, paint, decor items, and an entrance. I think this is a mistake.

I think it is a mistake too. I was there YESTERDAY and walk by there at least 2 times a day (I always park by the NM elevator... close to work) and there was still construction going on. I guess I will find out tomorrow when I go to work.

Also, if anyone wants to look nosey while in the mall... the temp. door to the Hermes store has about a half inch gap in it that you can peek in and check things out. Looks to be a fairly big store, granted it is just cement floors and walls. Not that I am spying or anything....