SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

I was at SP yesterday and drove over next to the C&B site. I thought the building was just white brick, stone, and balsa, but its got painted brick (the side facing Sharon that I was afraid was going to remain red), some horizontal silver aluminum siding on the back side that faces Dillards and a wood shingled section on that side as well. It's an interesting mix. Like each major component of the building uses a different surface material. BTW, did anyone notice the number of C&B logos? They're everywhere. On every corner, some horizontal, some vertical. No mistaking what retailer this is..

I'm at the mall damn near everyday and haven't seen Crate and Barrel's progress in like 3 months. I just never drive in that entrance anymore.

That's the ELITE entrance! If you want the whole world to see what car you drive and what kind of clothes you wear when you walk out of your car after you valet it and vogue down the stretch between Cheesecake and Maggiano's then thats the entrance to go through lol :lol:

That's the ELITE entrance! If you want the whole world to see what car you drive and what kind of clothes you wear when you walk out of your car after you valet it and vogue down the stretch between Cheesecake and Maggiano's then thats the entrance to go through lol :lol:

Very true! Though I did park next to a dark blue Ferrari yesterday underneath NM. Whoever it was must have been going incognito :P

Is Dillard's going to be carrying top end brands after the expansion is completed? They apparantly carry some very high-end products in a few select stores.
The selection will definately get better, though it's hard to say what they'll be selling due to vendor agreemnts at the other anchor stores and local boutiques. You won't mistake it for Neiman-Marcus, but it'll definately give Belk and Nordstrom some healthy competition.

Ok, I have my report early. C&B was pretty much what I expected. It's quite impressive at night, all lit up. I'm positive you can see from space with the naked eye. Bottom floor has all your kitchen stuff, plates, glasses, small countertop appliances... Second floor has all the furniture, lighting, curtains. I really just breezed through really fast after getting the gift certificate as I had to get home to take the dogs out.

The place was packed too which I totally expected. Overall, it's a nice place to get smaller stuff, knick-knacks and paddy-wacks. As far as the furniture... ehh. It looked nice, but when you touched something it felt kinda chintzy. Things that looked substantial felt surprisingly lightweight... drawers didn't slide smoothly, all herky-jerky. I didn't have time to lay down on a bed or try to lift a sofa, but if you can imagine Pier 1 selling more comtemporary stuff, that's a pretty good summation.

I went to SouthPark yesterday. Crate and Barrel certainly is a great looking store, inside and outside. They do an excellent job with lighting and stone features on the inside, and the outside looks very urban.

We also went to Neiman Marcus and Louis Vuitton. I know it's upscale, but I'd think that even the incredibly wealthy would be conscious that they're being ripped off. We saw a tobogan cap in LV for $250. It was kashmir, but $250? Come on. And in NM we saw several $1000+ coats. We also saw a t-shirt for $100. Even if you were rich, why would you buy that stuff?

I went to SouthPark yesterday. Crate and Barrel certainly is a great looking store, inside and outside. They do an excellent job with lighting and stone features on the inside, and the outside looks very urban.

We also went to Neiman Marcus and Louis Vuitton. I know it's upscale, but I'd think that even the incredibly wealthy would be conscious that they're being ripped off. We saw a tobogan cap in LV for $250. It was kashmir, but $250? Come on. And in NM we saw several $1000+ coats. We also saw a t-shirt for $100. Even if you were rich, why would you buy that stuff?

I also went to Neiman Marcus very recently and saw a Dolce & Gabbana (one of my favorite designers) t-shirt for $250 and it was so thin that you could actually rip the entire shirt with just a slight tear. This left a bad taste of D&G in my mouth. And, don't even get me started on their vintage Ralph Lauren collection! $3,500+ coats!! Now I love fashion and clothes and was in heaven/awe when I entered Neiman Marcus but come on, get real! :huh:

Even if you were rich, why would you buy that stuff?

Because they can.

I see it all day, everyday. It amazes me actually... the store I currently work at isn't exactly on the same level as LV but still nice stuff and people will still come in and drop 2-3k like it is nothing. I can only imagine what it is going to be like at my new store...