SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

so when exactly is there going to be retail moving into that new shoping/condo place on the corner of sharon and colony? i appologize if this has been discussed, its just 75 pages is a lot to read through to find out.

so when exactly is there going to be retail moving into that new shoping/condo place on the corner of sharon and colony? i appologize if this has been discussed, its just 75 pages is a lot to read through to find out.

Within the next 6 months I imagine the first retailers will open for biz. The exterior of the bldg is near completion. Just working on the "guts" now.

A2

^^While many here might like Morrison, I am a bit disappointed. I live accross from this project, and thought that the it seemed very nice and dense, but was set back waaaay to far from Colony. I am still wondering what will take shape on the corner of Colony and Sharon as it is just a large vacant parcel. It would have seemed that if this were a "phased in" project that you would want to have the first phase built to house retail on one of the busiest intersections in SouthPark. ;)

As for a grade I would give it a B-. It is overall a dense qausi-urban development that has some aesthetic qualities, but it still has yet to become a beacon of hope in an otherwise car-centric neighborhood. It is going to take ten fold this type of development to really change things. I am hopeful that in time Southpark will morph into something more Urban. Let's make sure that when we do build these " Urban Developments" in SP we do it closer to the street to sheild more parking lots, and create more of an Urban synergy.

(sorry Atlrvr, I know you like Morrison)

A2

Edited by A2

Did anyone go the the neighborhood meeting tonight at the Marriett SouthPark? It was the meeting regarding the proposed Ghazi condo tower near Fairview Road....

According to some articles I have read and a brief blurb on the news, several neighborhoods are in oposition to it being built. I am not sure really why it would be such a big deal for these neighborhoods considering there are already towers lining Fairview that are about as tall as the proposed tower. It is not like Ghazi is building it off of the main drag.

A2

Edited by A2

There's a mcdonalds across the road. It's just making a poor food court poorer. From a mall employee's standpoint I'm glad I get a discount at Mccormicks.

Why don't they put like a GameStop or something there? McDonald's is so played out and not even good....and there are plenty of junk food options in the food court, besides, Showmars has waaaay better burgers!

• 3 weeks later...