SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

[snob] Ewww, that is sooo Concord Mills [/snob]

:silly:

I wish they had a Rain Forest cafe at Lenox Square, Phipps Plaza, or Perimeter in Atlanta, because they have one a South Coast Plaza in Orange County(Costa Mesa, CA) which is considered the most upscale mall in the U.S. But then it is on thier Sears wing. Strange that mall has Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's, Nordtrom, Crate & Barrel, and Sports Chalet as anchors, and then Sears.

Edited by kennethdisraili

Illuminations is only in a very select few cities. I am on their e-mail list and I would consider it a great coup for SP.

Finally, something I can afford there!!! :thumbsup:

We have Illuminations at Lenox Square and it is an upscale Yankee Candle type boutique, it's really nice. Glad you got one too.

I wish they had a Rain Forest cafe at Lenox Square, Phipps Plaza, or Perimeter in Atlanta, because they have one a South Coast Plaza in Orange County(Costa Mesa, CA) which is considered the most upscale mall in the U.S. But then it is on thier Sears wing. Strange that mall has Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's, Nordtrom, Crate & Barrel, and Sports Chalet as anchors, and then Sears.

Why does everyone want a Rain Forest Cafe? The food isn't very good and it's amazingly overpriced.

Sounds like Sears at South Coast Plaza may be a holdover from a time before that mall became uber-upscale....have no idea about the history of that mall though...

Sounds like Sears at South Coast Plaza may be a holdover from a time before that mall became uber-upscale....have no idea about the history of that mall though...

that mall used to be my home mall (ill be back in 2 weeks!). I never ate at that rainforest honestly. it is in the sears wing which has not been renovated the same way the other sections of the mall have been. For example, another store in that section is wolf camera and another is a magazine shop and i think there is a gymboree there as well. point is, rainforest is in a darker, older, poorer section of the mall. It would be cool to have a rainforest cafe but as another poster said, it is very expensive for sub standard food. buuut it does have a cool atmosphere.

an actual on topic post now, juicy is open and it was full yesterday.

that mall used to be my home mall (ill be back in 2 weeks!). I never ate at that rainforest honestly. it is in the sears wing which has not been renovated the same way the other sections of the mall have been. For example, another store in that section is wolf camera and another is a magazine shop and i think there is a gymboree there as well. point is, rainforest is in a darker, older, poorer section of the mall. It would be cool to have a rainforest cafe but as another poster said, it is very expensive for sub standard food. buuut it does have a cool atmosphere.

an actual on topic post now, juicy is open and it was full yesterday.

We also have Juicy Couture in the ATL at Phipps Plaza, oh yea it is always full. Do ya'll have theory or Boss Hugo Boss yet?

no boss or theory but when i was down there, i bought like 3 suits at hugo and i was under the impression theory was closing - everything in the store was on sale (this was jan)

I don't know alot about theory clothing, but I do know at Phipps that Barney's New York CO-OP, and Intermix carry theory. Maybe a better store will go in, you know how it is, just wait and see.

Weren't they over at Sharon Corners? I hope this shopping center doesn't die with it's anchors leaving. It's been around forever it seems.
They started out at SouthPark, approximately where J. Crew is today. About 1996, they moved over to Morrocroft Village next to Borders, and now they've returned to the Village.

I don't remeber a men's store over at Sharon Corners other than Men's Wearhouse. Speaking of which, I think Sharon Corners will be fine even when Barnes & Noble leaves. It's very desirable retail space, and I think they've got somerhting lined up to take the B&N storefront already.

Sears was an original anchor at SCP, and it still does pretty well. It's the only anchor still operating in its original space under its original name.

no boss or theory but when i was down there, i bought like 3 suits at hugo and i was under the impression theory was closing - everything in the store was on sale (this was jan)

I spoke with a mall rep. and theory is not closing, they were just having a big sale, we could all use that!!

Ala Moana Center also has a Sears. Its one of the most profitable malls, with many of its stores having highest sales nationwide there (like LV and Gucci). Difference between SCP and Ala Moana from many upscale malls aroudn the coutnry is they are so large that they have all the boutiques, and a lot of regular stores. Almost all the stores at both malls perform extremely well.

We have Illuminations at Lenox Square and it is an upscale Yankee Candle type boutique, it's really nice. Glad you got one too.

Our malls Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza, which are across the street from each other are alot like South Park, well at least Lenox is. They are expanding Neiman Marcus out into what was the Neiman Marcus court, and adding a second level to the Neiman Marcus wing. It will be about 230,000 sq. feet. And the confirmed stores sound too expensive for my wallet. Confirmed stores are PUMA, True Religion, Miss Sixty/Energy, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurant, Diesel, and Sony Style. Do ya'll have any of these stores??

So back to the SouthPark mall thread.... Anyone going to the Pops in the Park this year? It's starting up soon. Wonder if they'll make any changes to the layout of the amphitheatre/seating area/park to accomodate the growing masses that turn out for the concerts. Seems like everything else at SouthPark has been changed or added on to.

Our malls Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza, which are across the street from each other are alot like South Park, well at least Lenox is. They are expanding Neiman Marcus out into what was the Neiman Marcus court, and adding a second level to the Neiman Marcus wing. It will be about 230,000 sq. feet. And the confirmed stores sound too expensive for my wallet. Confirmed stores are PUMA, True Religion, Miss Sixty/Energy, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurant, Diesel, and Sony Style. Do ya'll have any of these stores??

Just Puma out of those. :D

So back to the SouthPark mall thread.... Anyone going to the Pops in the Park this year? It's starting up soon. Wonder if they'll make any changes to the layout of the amphitheatre/seating area/park to accomodate the growing masses that turn out for the concerts. Seems like everything else at SouthPark has been changed or added on to.

That sounds really nice, I wish we had that like South Park!