SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Weren't they over at Sharon Corners? I hope this shopping center doesn't die with it's anchors leaving. It's been around forever it seems.
From what I've heard, Sharon Corners is ripe for redevelopment. Parking is horrific (not enough spaces) and the layout is bad for retailers. I was told it would be torn down in sections and rebuilt as a mixed-use project wrapping a parking garage.

BTW, went to Design within Reach. Beautiful stuff (I would kill for a Le Corbu chair), but the store's name begs the question as to whose reach their design is within--it's certainly not in mine. Pricey!!

I have been meaning to wander over to DWR myself...thanks for the report. It would also be a spectator trip :shok: It's interesting how retailers are pairing up in SP. C&B is right next door to DWR. B&N is being built across from Borders. Whole Foods is going in next to Earthfare.

The New Business Journal came out today and In "table talk" it briefly speaks of Simon building a hotel overlooking symphony park, that would reach a little into the park, and onto the parking lot to Dicks. Does anyone have more info on this project. I personally have been hoping for development in this parking lot for sometime now, as that most of it is never used.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...8/tidbits1.html

Plus the SouthPark site is almost as built out as it can be (unless additional levels are added to the mall)- I would think that Simon would want to hold some space for retail uses, to allow the mall to add destination retailers as they enter the market and evolve with the times and remain the king of area malls.

Has anyone been in the DoubleTree at SouthPark lately? That place has gone downhill.... we had an employee from another store come visit a few months back and we set her up at the DoubleTree.... the place was so bad it was embarrassing. I might be a bit extreme but I say tear it down and little "mini" tower hotel (10 stories max).

BTW, Fila is closing. Another division of Fila bought Fila USA and they have decided to focus on department store sales and close all the Fila boutiques in the US. Everything in the store is 75% off. That is such a tiny spot... I don't know what could go there. Definitely not anything we have been waiting for (gucci, a{sodEmoji.|}x, french connection, etc...)

Has anyone been in the DoubleTree at SouthPark lately? That place has gone downhill.... we had an employee from another store come visit a few months back and we set her up at the DoubleTree.... the place was so bad it was embarrassing. I might be a bit extreme but I say tear it down and little "mini" tower hotel (10 stories max).

BTW, Fila is closing. Another division of Fila bought Fila USA and they have decided to focus on department store sales and close all the Fila boutiques in the US. Everything in the store is 75% off. That is such a tiny spot... I don't know what could go there. Definitely not anything we have been waiting for (gucci, a{sodEmoji.|}x, french connection, etc...)

I could see a Jimmy Choo opening in that spot! Would bring Bob Ellis competition and is usually the size Jimmy Choo's have....

Jimmy Choo is a very important shoe to bob ellis, after they dropped Ferragamo, it became their best selling "lux" shoe. Jimmy Choo would be an interesting match for Southpark, I know how they sell at bob ellis, but I'd like to see how they sell at neimens. I think neimens sells more Manolo Blahniks than Jimmy Choo, but I'm not sure. I honestly think as the village at southpark evolves, it will include some of your popular high end stores. Currently, i'm pretty sure it has a set tenant list, however I could see French Connection, A/X, D&G, Gucci, Versace, ect. in the near future.

How many tenants have moved or left their spaces in the mall? It seems like a few, which could mean new stores to the Charlotte area. Also, how many tenant spaces are available at the Village? I thought it would be room for like 5-8 tenants.

How many tenants have moved or left their spaces in the mall? It seems like a few, which could mean new stores to the Charlotte area. Also, how many tenant spaces are available at the Village? I thought it would be room for like 5-8 tenants.
Over time in the whole mall, or in the new wing? In the new wing, there have only been a couple of vacancies in the past three years: the Fila spot, and the constantly rotating space opposite Frontgate at the Belk cosmetics entrance. Edited by StevenRocks

Over time in the whole mall, or in the new wing? In the new wing, there have only been a couple of vacancies in the past three years: the Fila spot, and the constantly rotating space opposite Frontgate at the Belk cosmetics entrance.

It's always the stores usually near Middle-end department stores that are always opening and closing...has anyone else noticed that? Before Express was next to Dillard's i think that was like Julie's and then before that was something else.....personally i think they should move Sigrid Olsen since that would probably do good business even if it were in the Belk wing or Dillard's wing, and put a freakin A/X there!

It's always the stores usually near Middle-end department stores that are always opening and closing...has anyone else noticed that? Before Express was next to Dillard's i think that was like Julie's and then before that was something else.....personally i think they should move Sigrid Olsen since that would probably do good business even if it were in the Belk wing or Dillard's wing, and put a freakin A/X there!

Emporio Armani!