SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Pray that Charlotte is on Armani's mind. Armani is currently beginning a huge expansion in the US/Japan/Italy and UK, and are expanding all 3 store concepts throughout the US.

i cant imagine a market like charlotte would not be on their mind for the a/x brand. in the midst of a large expansion, we should be up near the top

i cant imagine a market like charlotte would not be on their mind for the a/x brand. in the midst of a large expansion, we should be up near the top

Well, yes Charlotte is high up for A/X, im sure, but I was more making a reference to the above comment on Emporio Armani. Sure, an A/X is always nice, and Emporio would be nicer.

It's always the stores usually near Middle-end department stores that are always opening and closing...has anyone else noticed that? Before Express was next to Dillard's i think that was like Julie's and then before that was something else...
Julie's was (I think) near where Guess is now. The Express space next to Dillard's was St. John for years, and La Vogue before that.

Well, yes Charlotte is high up for A/X, im sure, but I was more making a reference to the above comment on Emporio Armani. Sure, an A/X is always nice, and Emporio would be nicer.

Someone said that A/X is like a glorified Gap, go figure.

Julie's was (I think) near where Guess is now. The Express space next to Dillard's was St. John for years, and La Vogue before that.

Where is St. John now??

I agree Manolos, the price points are probably very comparable, and thanks for the tip on St. John

A/X is very much a glorified version of the Gap. The designs are horrible -- everything has a/x plastered all over it -- and the quality is crap. Armani has nothing to do with the line except lending his name to it. Though we do get a couple people a month asking if we carry it at NM.

A/X is very much a glorified version of the Gap. The designs are horrible -- everything has a/x plastered all over it -- and the quality is crap. Armani has nothing to do with the line except lending his name to it. Though we do get a couple people a month asking if we carry it at NM.

Um A/X has nothing to do with GAP....no similarities whatsoever! A/X is waaay more trendy, and its very Europeanish....and not expensive!

Edited by Temeteron

I think he meant that A/X clothing cuts are very "generic", that they flash their logo across the chest, and that it is made in sweatshops in Asia.....which is just what GAP does....I don't think he meant they were owned by GAP or styled similaraly to GAP.....

I think for the price point, French Connection or Club Monaco are better choices...maybe not much better quality or cuts, but at least they don't advertise being the lowest quality line from their namesake.

I think he meant that A/X clothing cuts are very "generic", that they flash their logo across the chest, and that it is made in sweatshops in Asia.....which is just what GAP does....I don't think he meant they were owned by GAP or styled similaraly to GAP.....

Yeah, that's what I meant of course. A/X is not appealing at all. No one looks at A/X and thinks "European and sophisticated."

A/X does have some nice stuff from time to time. You just have to be picky, like with any store. Just because it is from *insert store name here* doesn't mean it is "nice". I think a Metropark store would be cool. I went to the one in Atlanta and I liked it. They just opened one in Austin, TX which is comparable to Charlotte. Diesel would actually be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by nyxmike

I don't know of Club Monaco opening any new stores in the last few years. That could be the reason.

Club Monaco opened a number of stores this past year, including Philly, San Francisco, New York, Troy. There were more worldwide openings.

^^Don't think Diesel would be out of the picture, but haven't seen them open that many US stores in awhile.

Edited by Manolos