SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

They aren't really the size of a department store....that would be over 100k square feet. Most H&Ms I've seen are roughly 8000-12000 square feet. Still, I dont think theres a vacancy that large at SouthPark.

I'm not in the know, but there are several planned developments that probably have a few spaces of that size. SouthFair, the Whole Foods project, or the Live Oak redevelopment could be candidates.

Edited by moonshield

^^Probably not. H&M scouts around a myriad of sites. There are a number of malls in the region that H&M is probably looking at.

Im not sure if anyone has seen this other than me, but in the library there were large pictures of all the projects uptown and in the Wach Picture there was an H&M at groud level.. Im not sure if this has any merit, but it would seem permission would be needed or somthing of that nature before they could do that...i could be wrong so correct me if i am...

Im not sure if anyone has seen this other than me, but in the library there were large pictures of all the projects uptown and in the Wach Picture there was an H&M at groud level.. Im not sure if this has any merit, but it would seem permission would be needed or somthing of that nature before they could do that...i could be wrong so correct me if i am...

This rendering?

http://www.urbanplanet.org/wiki/images/f/f...r_charlotte.jpg

I think they (Wachovia) just took a street scene from New York or London and put their building in it because none of those buildings on the left or right exist in Charlotte today.

I would be VERY happy if we got an H&M here in Charlotte! I could see them in Uptown at the new Wachovia Complex but I think that is possibly far fetched at this point. My bets are on SouthPark (where would they go?) or at Northlake.

It's just a rendering. Seeing a name on one isn't a reliable indicator of what's actually coming.

I went to H&M for the first time on a recent trip to San Francisco. I was excited because I've heard some good things about it, but the fabric is so bad and everything is so ugly and poorly made.

It's cheap fashion. It is trendy stuff that isn't meant to be worn a year from now.

How is that not a selling point. It has proven to be a selling point for Ikea, H&M, and everyone who falls into the cheap but trendy niche. To say this is not a selling point is quite naive. Anytime you have Cheap, Fashion, and Trendy in the sentence it guarantees to sell well.

Yes, I realize that. But that's not a selling point.

Considering H&M has millions of US fans and now took over Zara to become Europe's biggest retailer, their method clearly is not selling.

Never really seen a company thats failing open dozens of new stores each year.

Well something must be right for H&M to enter the Southeast U.S. According to The Atlanta Journal H&M will only be located in Atlanta and Charlotte making it's Southeast entry. I'm sure other southeastern cities will follow, since it appears that H&M is so succesfull.

Could you please find that article for me because I would love to see proof that they are entering the charlotte market, because I have yet to see definitive proof. I am not doubting the possibility in anyway, I just want to see the evidence.

I think I have already put that in recycling, and they picked up the trash today, sorry!! But I'll check out some websites and see if I can find anything. The Atlanta Journal made it sound definative, but the CBC makes it sound like maybe. Ours is already under construction in the Atlantic Station district in a lifestyle center on the second level over Metropolitan Deluxe.

How is that not a selling point. It has proven to be a selling point for Ikea, H&M, and everyone who falls into the cheap but trendy niche. To say this is not a selling point is quite naive. Anytime you have Cheap, Fashion, and Trendy in the sentence it guarantees to sell well.

Yes, you're certainly correct. I meant that it wasn't a selling point for me. It's unfortunate that in most mediums that the worst representatives are extremely popular. Perhaps I'm just an elitist though.

Yes, you're certainly correct. I meant that it wasn't a selling point for me. It's unfortunate that in most mediums that the worst representatives are extremely popular. Perhaps I'm just an elitist though.

Anyone who buys anything from H&M realizes that it isn't made well. That is why it is so cheap. It is for people who want the trendy, high-end look who can't afford or want to spend the money on the real thing (and most people can't afford the real thing).

Trendy + Cheap = popular.

Edited by nyxmike