SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

^ Was she responsible for bringing Hugo Boss back to Atlanta? That's really my only retail request for SP that hasn't happened yet.

No, When Simon transferred Nicole to SouthPark, Tisha Melay was appointed Marketing Director of Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza and Tisha got Hugo Boss back.

Also notable of Tisha's accomplishments are Club Monaco, Ralph Lauren, Diesel, Miss Sixty/Energie, Calvin Klein, Shabby Chic, True Religion, Lush, PUMA, Zara and French Connection at Lenox and Juicy Couture, theory, Anne Fontaine, Barneys New York CO-OP, Jimmy Choo, Hanna Andersson, Giorgio Armani, Roberto Coin, Elie Tahari, Max Mara, Tory Burch and Jeffery Atlanta-New York at Phipps.

Edited by kennethdisraili

The store and the mall management should have told this fool to shove it. I also want the police to explain what law the store was "on the edge" of breaking by displaying these books. Another example of "christianity" run amok. Heck, if he finds Urban Outfitters so offensive he would have a heart attack looking Hollister and A&F 's advertising in their stores.

Edited by voyager12

"Pastor Joe Caullie said he was 'really outraged' after shopping at Urban Outfitters. He said the edgy clothing store is a little too edgy."

Rediculous. Perhaps if he's so afraid of it then he should have just stayed away (that's what I do--for different reasons). Problem solved. And too edgy for whom, might I ask? God, I despise anyone who actually makes me side with that store.

Edited by brokenraven

the shoe store could be Stuart Weitzman. It fits very well in with Charlotte. But, with Bob Ellis, I think the upscale shoe store is pretty much done.
My money's on Stuart Weitzman. It'd be a good fit for the mall. It's not on the same level with Bob Ellis though, Bob Ellis sells designer brands and the average shoe is about twice what Stuart Weitzman charges.

Intermix is Official!! It is on the SP website now: "Defined by its name and its vision, INTERMIX represents the ultimate fashion destination. This NYC based retailer features a wide array of designers including Matthew Williamson, Sonia Rykiel, Diane Von Furstenberg, KORS by Michael Kors, See by Chlo

Just a note_ Both Belk stores that recently opened in the Orlando market (which are horrible compared to the the Belk stores that you describe in NC) are already closing. I don't know what they are being replaced by, if anything. The West Oaks Mall store that is closing I believe is closing because a Belk store is being opened in the nearby Winter Garden Village at Fowler Groves which is a replicicate of a Kohl's or Beall's store, this is in a large lifestyle center built about 6 miles away. I don't know if the Belk's in Seminole Town Center Mall has a stand alone Belk's being close by, the lifestyle center in that area is more upscale and I don't think Belk's would fit in there. Hopefully some sort of cool hip dept store will take it's place. There is also a Belk's being built on the southside of Orlando in a lifestyle center called The Loop which just opened a stand alone JC Penney and also has a Kohl's and is opening a Beall's also. This makes me think that the Belk in Phipps Plaza in Atlanta may not stay in the market very long, seeing that it has been described as similar to the Belk stores in Florida.

Just a note_ Both Belk stores that recently opened in the Orlando market (which are horrible compared to the the Belk stores that you describe in NC) are already closing. I don't know what they are being replaced by, if anything. The West Oaks Mall store that is closing I believe is closing because a Belk store is being opened in the nearby Winter Garden Village at Fowler Groves which is a replicicate of a Kohl's or Beall's store, this is in a large lifestyle center built about 6 miles away. I don't know if the Belk's in Seminole Town Center Mall has a stand alone Belk's being close by, the lifestyle center in that area is more upscale and I don't think Belk's would fit in there. Hopefully some sort of cool hip dept store will take it's place. There is also a Belk's being built on the southside of Orlando in a lifestyle center called The Loop which just opened a stand alone JC Penney and also has a Kohl's and is opening a Beall's also. This makes me think that the Belk in Phipps Plaza in Atlanta may not stay in the market very long, seeing that it has been described as similar to the Belk stores in Florida.
Considering that Belk has had those Florida stores for less than a year, and both locations you mention were Parisians before, that probably means they were underperforming before Belk took them on.

Is there any chance that a Sony Style will open in Southpark? To the best of my knowledge there aren't any in the entire state.

vz

None in NC or SC......I think there is a possibility, but where is the bigger question....it needs to be close to apple to compliment each other.....I haven't heard a rumor on Zara yet, but usually their stores are bigger than what the very few spots are avaialble (Bombay is small and the Sigrid Olsen is even smaller). On a side note they have turned the former Olsen of Europe store into an art gallery. But it looks temporary.

I find this hard to believe. Sounds like a vicious, power-hungry rumor whipped about by some very insanely jealous folks from Birmingham. Why would Belk open a store in one of the nicest malls in the south, in the largest metro area in the south, just to run it into the ground? Answer: they wouldn't, unless they wanted to hurt their own brand. Belk at Phipps Plaza should be just as nice, if not nicer, than Belk at SouthPark. And, y'know, if Parisian was so fabulous, they wouldn't have gone under, like B.Altman, Woodward & Lothrop, Stern's, A&S and countless others before them.

Belk tailors their stores to the market, even to the neighborhood in cities where they have more than one location. This allows them to remain flexible and get the most from each market. Other retailers do this, too...you won't find the same grand selection at Nordstrom in Charlotte that you will at Nordstrom in center city Seattle or San Francisco. However, I will concede that there is a lot more difference between Belk stores in Charlotte and say, Lexington, NC than between Nordstrom stores in Charlotte and San Francisco.

I guess it's time for a roadtrip to Buckhead to see Belk at Phipps Plaza for myself. Has anyone else been there? What did you think?

Edited by 1979Heel

vz

None in NC or SC......I think there is a possibility, but where is the bigger question....it needs to be close to apple to compliment each other.....I haven't heard a rumor on Zara yet, but usually their stores are bigger than what the very few spots are avaialble (Bombay is small and the Sigrid Olsen is even smaller). On a side note they have turned the former Olsen of Europe store into an art gallery. But it looks temporary.

Temeteron congradulations to you and all of Charlotte on Intermix, the ladies will love this hip boutique.

And as far as Zara, they seem to be comfortable in the 8,000 sq. ft. range, but that isn't written in stone and they could possibly open a smaller boutique at SouthPark.

And finally I think IMHO that Salvatore Ferragamo might make a nice fit for SouthPark!!

</B>I find this hard to believe. Sounds like a vicious, power-hungry rumor whipped about by some very insanely jealous folks from Birmingham. Why would Belk open a store in one of the nicest malls in the south, in the largest metro area in the south, just to run it into the ground? Answer: they wouldn't, unless they wanted to hurt their own brand. Belk at Phipps Plaza should be just as nice, if not nicer, than Belk at SouthPark. And, y'know, if Parisian was so fabulous, they wouldn't have gone under, like B.Altman, Woodward & Lothrop, Stern's, A&S and countless others before them.

Belk tailors their stores to the market, even to the neighborhood in cities where they have more than one location. This allows them to remain flexible and get the most from each market. Other retailers do this, too...you won't find the same grand selection at Nordstrom in Charlotte that you will at Nordstrom in center city Seattle or San Francisco. However, I will concede that there is a lot more difference between Belk stores in Charlotte and say, Lexington, NC than between Nordstrom stores in Charlotte and San Francisco.

I guess it's time for a roadtrip to Buckhead to see Belk at Phipps Plaza for myself. Has anyone else been there? What did you think?

It carries some names not usually found in your typical mall Belk, but many Atlantans are angry with Belk saying they didn't keep their promise of giving Phipps Plaza a "flagship" store like the Belk in SouthPark, and the walkways are cramped and stuffed with merchanside and it doesn't have the appeal that Phipps Plaza's two other anchors have being Saks and Nordstrom.

I couldn't find the South Park Neighborhood Projects thread so I figured i'd post this info here, but I noticed driving down Fairview today that there is now a Ghazi Company Sign up beside the white house that they are moving down the street to make way for his new scaled down midrise condo tower to be built where the white house currently sits. I also noticed that they have added the southpark project to their website with an updated pdf with a sketch and a site plan.

http://theghazicompany.com/future_southpark.htm

• 2 weeks later...

***BREAKING NEWS***

3 Stores are closing:

Foot Locker (knew this was coming)

Champs (Didn't expect this one)

Finish Line (Didn't expect this one either)

I guess athletic stores that exist in every other mall aren't what SP customers want! Now dont hold your breath guys....all those stores are in wings that are middle range, so unless they move around stores there probably won't be anything high end to take those spots.

Btw, if anyone wonders how I know these closings, (i work in the mall)