SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Rumors of Finish Line's demise at SouthPark have been greatly exaggerated. The store is still very much open.

That's what i've noticed....but I actually asked Mall Information Desk back when Foot Locker and Champs were still open which was over a month ago, and they confirmed that it was closing......not sure what's taking so long.....on another note, this is my 1000th post! :alc:

That's what i've noticed....but I actually asked Mall Information Desk back when Foot Locker and Champs were still open which was over a month ago, and they confirmed that it was closing......not sure what's taking so long.....on another note, this is my 1000th post! :alc:
Congratulations Temeteron!

Anyway, I don't Finish Line sticking around would be detrimental or anything. They fit into the wing they're located in, and it's fairly normal for even the nicesat malls to have at least one sneaker store. Even Americana Manhasset has one.

I am glad they are keeping Finish Line.
I am, too. Especially since they sent me some great coupons :thumbsup:

Does anyone have any idea, guesses, or rumors about what will replace Champs and Foot Locker?
The most reliable rumors I've heard is that Zara will replace Charmps, but there's no official announcement. No word on Foot Locker.

I am, too. Especially since they sent me some great coupons :thumbsup:

The most reliable rumors I've heard is that Zara will replace Charmps, but there's no official announcement. No word on Foot Locker.

That wing is not the right wing for zara, and it's too small of a spot as well.......

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to shop vintage and Marshalls these days. When I do go to SP I pick up basics at The GAP and check out Urban Outfitters. I have never been interested in Aeropostale, nothing personal, I thought they were long gone out of business. The majority of posters on this thread enjoy high end shopping and SP is clearly tilted in that direction. But having some affordable options for the rest of us is not a bad thing.

since when was aeropostale preppy

Not trying to sound offensive or anything, but I remember back in high school that it seemed like all the "non-upper class" preppy kids wore Aeropostale. It's really the same style of clothing as Abercrombie, American Eagle, and GAP/Old Navy. It just doesn't seem like they have ever given themselves a great reputation.

I'm actually a little astounded that SP didn't already have one to begin with. I guess I never look for that store, I just assumed it's in almost every mall in the area.

If it says anything, I've only ever owned one thing from that store and that was a hoodie one of my girlfriends bought me. She bought me one that was too small to begin with, but I never actually cared enough to go there to make an exchange for a size that fit. :ermm:

There was a lot of speculation/rumors about Zara going in that spot and i knew it wasnt going to happen......Zaras are always in high end wings.....that wing has a hallmark, delia*s, children's place and a freakin limited......South Park is kind of like Lenox Square in a sense that they want high end and middle end stores (not at all like Phipps or Bal Harbour shops which are both all high end malls).....while we arent as high end and gigantic as Lenox Square, we have however "trimmed the fat" these past few years by getting rid of stores such as Oakley, Foot Locker, Sears, Champs, Sigrid Olsen, and a few other stores that make me cringe.....There are one of three things that must happen now........either SP will go two stories (which is unlikely right now) *OR* the demographics will get so high in the area that the majority of the middle range stores will leave the mall, *OR* the next round of high end retail will come to UPTOWN (which is what we are wishing these days).

Edited by Temeteron

I agree - either it is going Uptown, or some type of new project in the SouthPark area (maybe we can get something similiar to the Streets at Buckhead. I doubt that high-end, but some type of urban village would be nice) would need to happen. I think we aren't seeing a lot of stores other cities our size already have (A/X, Hugo Boss, True Religion, Betsey Johnson, Saks, Zara, etc) is because we don't have the space right now. A lot of other cities, like Austin, Jacksonville (Florida), and Orlando just recently built new high-end malls/shopping centers with plenty of space for all those stores. We only have an existing mall to work with that doesn't have much, if any, room for expansion.

Not trying to sound offensive or anything, but I remember back in high school that it seemed like all the "non-upper class" preppy kids wore Aeropostale. It's really the same style of clothing as Abercrombie, American Eagle, and GAP/Old Navy. It just doesn't seem like they have ever given themselves a great reputation.

I'm actually a little astounded that SP didn't already have one to begin with. I guess I never look for that store, I just assumed it's in almost every mall in the area.

If it says anything, I've only ever owned one thing from that store and that was a hoodie one of my girlfriends bought me. She bought me one that was too small to begin with, but I never actually cared enough to go there to make an exchange for a size that fit. :ermm:

After living in the northeast for so long, I forget that there are people who consider Abercrombie, GAP or American Eagle preppy.

After living in the northeast for so long, I forget that there are people who consider Abercrombie, GAP or American Eagle preppy.

To me, preppy always meant blue blazers, khaki trousers, pastel shirts in pinpoint oxford cloth (medium starch) and weejuns-often sockless. But then, I'm an old geezer. What do the youth of Phillips Andover wear today, anyway?