SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

After living in the northeast for so long, I forget that there are people who consider Abercrombie, GAP or American Eagle preppy.

Haha, I can see what you mean. By comparison to trends in New York and LA, these chain stores are small-time. I wonder if Charlotte will ever become that type of trendy market which will redefine fashion in this metro. Because, as of right now, our only "fashion district" is this semi-suburban mall.

Appparently the rumor about Aeropostale wasnt true...i walked by there today and the sign said "coming soon Poppy Pia"......whomp whomp....it's basically a store that has a location already in Carolina Place....it's a like a cheaper version of Forever 21 basically. Temporary store im thinking?

Appparently the rumor about Aeropostale wasnt true...i walked by there today and the sign said "coming soon Poppy Pia"......whomp whomp....it's basically a store that has a location already in Carolina Place....it's a like a cheaper version of Forever 21 basically. Temporary store im thinking?

i doubt aeropostale would be in the mall recruiting and giving out cards if they weren't coming in this mall. apparently they already have their fulltime positions filled already. maybe he was mistaken on the location but he did say it was the spot where champs was. maybe he meant foot locker?

Edited by mljones99

Not every store can be high dollar merchandise that the majority of the population can't afford. Allow for the rest of the city to shop some too.
I don't know if you're ever followed my posts, but I've pretty much carved out a reputation as being a fan of retail, period. Every kind of retail, every price point everywhere.

My opposition to Aeropostale comes from them being a really boring retailer. Even for the price, they're not that great. Derivative designs, so-so prices, crappy service...I'd rather shop at American Eagle.

But you have to remember some teens like the store. Im pretty sure there is a good reason why the store is coming there. Its like having that belks at phipps when theres dept stores like saks and nordstroms in it. im pretty sure that it wont be long before the big bix retail will be at south park that everyone desires. Look how long it took lenox and phipps finally we are getting valentino and ermenegildo zegna when places like dallas and houston have already had them for a while.

Thems' fightin' werds. Belk in Charlotte, at least the one at South Park, is a pretty big deal. I would honestly put ours on a level just a notch below nordstrom. If you said Macys or Dillards I'd agree with that statement, but to compare Belks to Aeropostale in a Charlotte Thread is Blasphemy and really just not a good idea.

Thems' fightin' werds. Belk in Charlotte, at least the one at South Park, is a pretty big deal. I would honestly put ours on a level just a notch below nordstrom. If you said Macys or Dillards I'd agree with that statement, but to compare Belks to Aeropostale in a Charlotte Thread is Blasphemy and really just not a good idea.

I think what he is trying to say is Atlanta was promised a so called "flagship" Belk and ended up with a high end Sears instead.

I don't think he is putting down the Belk at SouthPark.

But our Belk is crappy and needs to go!

I still haven't driven to Buckhead to check out the Belk at Phipps, so others will have to say. I'm sorry that it doesn't seem to measure up. But Belk at SouthPark is nicer, with higher-end brands, than either Macy's or Dillard's.

Well so far, Belk is going to have 4 flagship stores: Raleigh (Crabtree), Birmingham (Summit), Atlanta (Phipps), and the main flagship, Charlotte Southpark. The Southpark one is supposed to be the best of the four, while the others are similar to the Crabtree store in Raleigh. The three flagships outside Southpark, IMO, are either like or going to be like a C or B- Nordstrom, or at least that is how I feel about the Crabtree store.

kennethdisralli -- I think calling the Phipps Belk a high-end Sears is a bit stretching it. I have been to the Belk at Phipps and yes, it still has some work to do. It has really only been a Belk for a little over a year. I feel they just have to finish phasing out brands and getting acquainted with the market as a "mid-high-end store." But the store definitely won't be like the Southpark one. Not everything has to be ultra high-end at Phipps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few notes:

-- The Sharper Image is closing. No surprise there, considering the company's financial troubles.

-- PoppyPia has taken the place of Champs Sports in the Macy's wing.

-- Geox could open any day now.

-- Intermix is now open. There's nothing radical here, but the merchandise mix is really good.

Maybe a Sony Style or Bang & Olufsen store will replace Sharper Image? Looking at these Simon Malls in Jacksonville, FL, Austin, TX, and Kansas City (all are similiar to Charlotte, although I always thought we had more wealth than both of those places), I don't understand why we don't have some of the same stores that they do (Examples - Betsey Johnson, Hugo Boss, A/X, Marciano, MAC, bebe sport, Metropark, Michael Kors, True Religion, etc)?

http://www.simon.com/mall/directory.aspx?ID=857

http://www.simon.com/mall/directory.aspx?ID=1207

http://www.simon.com/mall/directory.aspx?ID=223

http://www.countryclubplaza.com/plaza.aspx?pgID=866

Edited by nyxmike

this is just anecdotal but the belk at crabtree is nothing compared to the sp belk - for example, the selection of hugo boss suits appeared an afterthought at crabtree whereas at sp, there are seemingly hundreds. the crabtree store just doesnt have a luxurious feel especially for a "flagship store". Anyway, they are both poor compared to nordstroms.

this is just anecdotal but the belk at crabtree is nothing compared to the sp belk - for example, the selection of hugo boss suits appeared an afterthought at crabtree whereas at sp, there are seemingly hundreds. the crabtree store just doesnt have a luxurious feel especially for a "flagship store". Anyway, they are both poor compared to nordstroms.
Eh, Hudson Belk Crabtree is still a great store, as is Belk SouthPark. Nordstrom is just as nice, but I wouldn't say it was nicer, just more edited.

why is it that every time i post a add admin always deletes the message.

**ADMIN'S NOTE**

I have removed most of this post as well. Perhaps it's because you keep advertising (unapproved) which we do not allow according to our rules. :rolleyes:

This is the end of this issue so please do not post any more comments regarding this in our forums. If you have an issue you are welcome to PM an admin.