SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Michael Kors has applied for the building permit to upfit its new space at SP.

That's nice to know, but according to a friend of mine that works at SouthPark, they are using the empty space as mall display windows and still have yet to start construction on the Michael Kors Boutique.

It certainly will be nice to know that construction has finally started....I just don't know what has taken so long to get this going.

I just got back from Atlanta recently and really liked a store called Metro Park. I thought it was pretty cool and would love to see it at South Park. It would be nice to have something a little more edgier, plus they sell music and other stuff. Austin has 2 and Jacksonville has 1 so it shouldn't be out of the question.

And more disastrous news.....the old Bombay Co. spot is going to be an Aeropostale (great another teeny bopper store)! :angry:

Now, now Temeteron, you know SIMON Marketing Director-Nicole Bostic has everything under control and SouthPark is in good hands!

@ as far as MetroPark, it is indeed a very hip store located at Lenox Square and Perimeter Mall, so I agree Miss Bostic should have no problem luring them into SouthPark. :)

And we are seeing more of this two boutique business in Atlanta with the opening of the second Stuart Weitzman Boutique and just announced ZARA Boutique, A/X Armani Exchange, and Betsy Johnson at Perimeter Mall.

Edited by kennethdisraili

I would have imagined that (even though this area is not used for parking) that it would be more structurally sound to withstand a collision such as this without causing it to collapse.

It looks like the final cause of the collapse is now out. Apparently a component of the deck was poorly made causing a couple of bolts to incur damage thus causing the collapse. Perhaps other decks made by the same company should be inspected thoroughly.

http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/706720.html

Just to clarify...the article in Charlotte.com is in refernce to the deck behind the Fairview Rd. towers, and not at SP Mall. There was no car collision involved in that collapse.

Ah, my mistake. Has the Southpark deck had a final ruling on the cause or was it in fact the force of impact that fully caused it?

Ah, my mistake. Has the Southpark deck had a final ruling on the cause or was it in fact the force of impact that fully caused it?

I haven't seen anything come out besides preliminary thinking that it was just a freak thing in that the lady's car hit a support beam in just the right spot to cause the sections to collapse.

Actually that art gallery moved to where Sigrid Olsen was hahaha

I thought that was going to be Michael Kors. They really need to move Lenscrafters, that Jewelry store, and Clarks to another area of the mall and open up some room for some stores in the Urban Outfitters wing. Maybe A/X, Metro Park, True Religion, something.

I thought that was going to be Michael Kors. They really need to move Lenscrafters, that Jewelry store, and Clarks to another area of the mall and open up some room for some stores in the Urban Outfitters wing. Maybe A/X, Metro Park, True Religion, something.

I agree........these stores I strongly feel could do wonderfully at SP: A/X, Diesel, French Connection, True Religion, Zara, H&M, Miss Sixty/Energie....they're not too pricy, and we need more trendy boutiques and not just all those teeny bopper stores! I also feel that it is waaaaay past due for a Gucci store! I wish that God forbidden Juicy Couture would either move or just close altogether! That is a prime location for a luxury boutique! They can move a few stores around now that Sharper Image is closing as well. Nicole Bostic work your magic!

Edited by Temeteron

I agree........these stores I strongly feel could do wonderfully at SP: A/X, Diesel, French Connection, True Religion, Zara, H&M, Miss Sixty/Energie....they're not too pricy, and we need more trendy boutiques and not just all those teeny bopper stores! I also feel that it is waaaaay past due for a Gucci store! I wish that God forbidden Juicy Couture would either move or just close altogether! That is a prime location for a luxury boutique! They can move a few stores around now that Sharper Image is closing as well. Nicole Bostic work your magic!

You are a broken record. I think everyone knows your wishes.

We need a bigger apple store. It's always hot in there with all the people and electronics on. It has to be the most popular store in the mall, not that this means people are actually buying stuff while they are in there. I have seen it full with people in the middle of a week day when everyone else has one or two people shopping in them at the most.

We need a bigger apple store. It's always hot in there with all the people and electronics on. It has to be the most popular store in the mall, not that this means people are actually buying stuff while they are in there. I have seen it full with people in the middle of a week day when everyone else has one or two people shopping in them at the most.

We could probably support a second Apple store too.

If they were to make it bigger the most it could be is twice its size......cuz otherwise it wouldnt be boutique size....the one at Lenox Square is probably twice the size of ours. They dont want them being too big cuz that ruins the 'boutique' feel......i guess the addition of apple sections at best buys arent helping slow down the apple stores......this company has gotten extremely popular within the last few years...

We could probably support a second Apple store too.

I know a perfect spot for that!!!! THE EPICENTRE!!!

I know a perfect spot for that!!!! THE EPICENTRE!!!

Or the Founders Hall Renovation. IMO it'd be better to have an Apple store facing the street rather than tucked in a pedestrian alleyway. Keep more people actually up on the street rather than nestled inside a complex.

woops :offtopic:

Anywho, as for the apple store in the mall, I feel the idea of it being boutique is part of the Apple allure. The popularity by comparison to every other computer brand out there (acer, hp, dell, sony, etc.) pales by market percentage; however, Apple has made a name for itself by making a product that is sought after for many obvious reasons, but is also marketed to be "hip" and "cool" as almost its main advertising method. I'm actually very surprised Charlotte doesn't have a second Apple store. I wonder what Apple's market criterion are.

Apple has been bugging the mall about a moving to a bigger location for a while now but there just isn't a space big enough for Apple to move into to make it worthwhile.

I do think an Apple store downtown would be pretty cool though.

Agreed. I think an Apple store downtown would be a destination retail place without a doubt. Funny thing though is that I don't think Apple could have a big enough store in Southpark. Every time I've walked by, that place is packed like sardines.

Does anyone know if Simon is going to put some signage for CATS at the Down Escalator by Haggen Daas? I think that most people that go to Southpark Mall are oblivious to the fact that there is a rather nice CATS bus stop in the middle of the mall. There is no signage for the bus stop until you actually get downstairs in the below grade parking area.