SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

we have enough teeny bopper stores....we need more stores for the trendy young adult. stores that I have mentioned before.....hopefully wishful thinking will come true!

Wow, consider myself astonished once again, never could I have imagined you could be just that much more misinformed about a store. I'm happy that you consider yourself a young adult, assuming you are in Ruehls target market of 22-35, which last time i checked marked the ages of a completely legal adult. Boy oh boy, I'm sure glad I'll be a teeny bopper for an additional 11 years! Ruehl would be a great addition, and nobody has commented on your "list" so you can stop referring back to it because it has obviously been ignored.

we have enough teeny bopper stores....we need more stores for the trendy young adult. stores that I have mentioned before.....hopefully wishful thinking will come true!
/Ruehl is "teeny bopper"? I guess I'm dressing way out of my age bracket then. I thought it was A&F's answer to Gap's Banana Republic? Oh well, I'm not a style guru, but I know what I like and what I look good in (and if I had the bank account to do it, I'd buy everything contained within Billy Reid, but I digress). I like my Ruehl jeans and would like to be able to buy them here.

Ruehl is currently trying to change their image so it will suit the target age they are going for. However, right now their clothes look exactly like AF's but with Ruehl written across their tshirt.
That could be why their growth has been stalled. They probably have a lot of issues to deal with to make the stores marketable.

I spoke with the manager at Bag N' Baggage and she said they are closing on sunday. also I noticed that there is a empty space next to desgn and reach. So the question is will their still be a effort to bring big names to the VASP or will it be something that benefits only the residents of the condos?

Sun234

Agreed. I think an Apple store downtown would be a destination retail place without a doubt. Funny thing though is that I don't think Apple could have a big enough store in Southpark. Every time I've walked by, that place is packed like sardines.

this has been talked about and tried several times. Its not as easy as offering space at a good price.

youd actually be surprised at how hard it is to get any mainstream retail tenants into uptown, and thus, they have yet to arrive.

AA would be a good fit for SP. I also hope the Southend location stays. I was just in there and saw no sign of anything amiss. I appreciate their progressive manufacturing ethic and laidback vibe but I can get the same tee shirt at Marshalls for $8 that AA has $25.

Edited by voyager12

Hopefully they are keeping the store on Camden. It's odd that Charlotte would have two and Raleigh none, given their college base.
The store on Camden will stay. If they're coming to SouthPark, it means AA is going over really well in Charlotte. As far as Raleigh is concerned, I guess they haven't found the right location yet.

That's good news about American Apparel. Does anyone know what happened with Michael Kors? Did their permit get approved?

It looks like Sharper Image has finally closed. It would be nice to get a Bang & Olufsen or Sony Style store to replace it.

Edited by nyxmike

That's good news about American Apparel. Does anyone know what happened with Michael Kors? Did their permit get approved?

It looks like Sharper Image has finally closed. It would be nice to get a Bang & Olufsen or Sony Style store to replace it.

Not sure what is going on with Michael Kors, but we have received Michael Kors in the men's dept at Neiman Marcus now. Just FYI also, we had a meeting the other day for our last day of the 2008 retail calendar and NM SouthPark is doing amazingly well. We had the best Grand Opening of any NM store in the company's history. I'm sure its only a matter of time before we start getting more and more high end boutiques.

Maybe it was the location/bad timing? I think it would do well if it were in the actual mall. Who knows, maybe they will give us another chance. :dontknow:
Location had to have factored into the short lifespan. Phillips Place took a long time to find its niche, and for whatever reason national chains have never done well there, with only a couple of exceptions.

Correct.....not sure when exactly, but we should eventually be getting a NM restaurant and a Children's dept in the future......

"Should be getting" as in "we're good enough for" or "Neiman Marcus already is preparing plans to add"?

I LOVE the NM restaurants! They're really good- the Nordstrom cafe is good, but the NM restaurants I've been to are pretty posh, and definitely worth making a trip.