SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

At least it's a lot easier to transport H&M deals back from a Triangle visit than it is items from IKEA. Besides, it likely is just a matter of time. But like American Apparel, I hope their first store here is an urban storefront, opening a South Park location later.

Didn't one of the renderings for the new BofA tower (or Ritz Carlton) have H&M in it?

Didn't one of the renderings for the new BofA tower (or Ritz Carlton) have H&M in it?

I believe so, however there aren't any signs up yet. I would love to see it downtown but I wonder if the lack of weekend foot traffic would deter them from putting a store there. I think it would help Revolution if there were more clothing retailers nearby.

I would honestly prefer H&M downtown as well, I think it could be a better fit there and would definitely be a regional draw and a boon to uptown retail.

Why is it that some retailers choose to open in Raleigh first rather than in Charlotte?

Younger population and all the institutions of higher education? Maybe because of this? http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/...est-cities.html

I believe so, however there aren't any signs up yet. I would love to see it downtown but I wonder if the lack of weekend foot traffic would deter them from putting a store there. I think it would help Revolution if there were more clothing retailers nearby.

I think an H&M downtown would help increase foot traffic (and, if successful, help bring in more retail).

Edited by nyxmike

maybe someone can track it down, but i THINK i remember the logo being on College near Trade, where its turned out to be just another entrance to the Ritz's lobby (very pretty looking, but a huge letdown in my opinion)

There was an HM in the diagram for the Wachovia --> Wells Fargo --> Duke Energy Tower.

But I think the conclusion was that the tower was simply drawn in to a typical European street scene and wasn't intended to depict the towers surroundings accurately.

Thanks, but since I am coming from Asheville, it would probably be easiest not to do that. Do you think there would be any parking underground?

Park at Morrocroft Village (home of the big Harris-Teeter and Ruby Tuesday), across from Crate & Barrel, or in the shopping center where the Barnes & Noble was, across the street from Belk, and hoof it to the mall. That will be quicker, maybe.