SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Kind of surprised about Intermix, but then again I never saw anyone in there. That's too bad, but SouthPark has enough nice stores for women. Where's the men's stuff already? Also, does anyone know what store is being upfitted next to Gap? I thought that was going to be True Religion but I guess not.

I wish they would turn the old bob Ellis into A/X....would fit well next to true religion.....also get rid of that bloody chico's! Or at least put it in the macys wing somewhere.....I can totally see a French connection, club Monaco, diesel, g-star, zara, energie/miss sixty in that spot...also, when I was in Miami a few weeks ago I discovered a new store called "All Saints"....amazing store! Very British oriented style....would do great in CLT!

Intermix was doomed from the start. It was a lot smaller than their stores typically are, and seemingly nobody ever went in there. As for Chico's, they used to be right next to Hecht's and they've been so successful that the SouthPark store has quadrupled in size over the last few years and relocated twice. They're not going anywhere. French Connection, Miss Sixty et al aren't very "SouthPark" at all and would likely file out as soon as they arrive, if they ever did.

The Doubletree Hotel adjacent to SouthPark is really getting worn out. Literally. My parents used to stay there during visits but stopped since the interior is pretty rundown too. It's a shame since I love their check in cookies! The one in Gateway Village is nice. I thought I read in the O awhile back about a revamp for the SP location. I guess it never happened.

True Religion will be going in the former Cache space next to Aveda, and Yoforia will occupy the old Crabtree and Evenlyn space.

In related expensive jeans news:

A 7 For All Mankind store will be opening, and I would assume it wil be taking either the Intermix or Bob Ellis locations, but I really don't know.

True Religion will be going in the former Cache space next to Aveda, and Yoforia will occupy the old Crabtree and Evenlyn space.

In related expensive jeans news:

A 7 For All Mankind store will be opening, and I would assume it wil be taking either the Intermix or Bob Ellis locations, but I really don't know.

Hell yes! I can't wait for 7 for all mankind to open! I cannot believe this is the first time Intermix closing has been mentioned in this thread, I was told by an old friend that works there, and for some reason I never posted it.

How large is the true religion boutique gonna be in Charlotte or will it be the same size as Atlanta... We are getting ready to open our 2nd store at perimeter mall which will be slightly bigger than the one at Lenox also our 3rd urban outfitters at perimeter... And congrats on 7 for all mankind there stuff is ok I would rather see southpark get AX or Metropark Club Monaco they would have been a better fit

How large is the true religion boutique gonna be in Charlotte or will it be the same size as Atlanta... We are getting ready to open our 2nd store at perimeter mall which will be slightly bigger than the one at Lenox also our 3rd urban outfitters at perimeter... And congrats on 7 for all mankind there stuff is ok I would rather see southpark get AX or Metropark Club Monaco they would have been a better fit

A better fit? Half of everyone i know wear 7 for all mankind in Charlotte. Only a handful wear True Religion and none of them wear AX or Club Monaco... Same goes for my current place of residence, New York City. I do however think Charlotte is overdue for a Zara, French Connection, H&M and Club Monaco. Saying anything is a better match than 7 for all mankind is absurd, they sell obscenely well at Belk and Nordstrom.

Edited by Guest

A better fit? Half of everyone i know wear 7 for all mankind in Charlotte. Only a handful wear True Religion and none of them wear AX or Club Monaco... Same goes for my current place of residence, New York City. I do however think Charlotte is overdue for a Zara, French Connection, H&M and Club Monaco. Saying anything is a better match than 7 for all mankind is absurd, they sell obscenely well at Belk and Nordstrom.

Well Zara and Club Monaco are almost the same my friend and so is Armani Exchange and 7 jeans arent has popular as the use to be. Well you few friends dont account for the entire world

Charlotte needs more trendier stores so Club Monaco would perfect along with the other stores you named I'm not a fan of 7 for all mankind your going to see how boring the store is when it comes, they sell more than just jeans...

Trendier stores like Club Monaco?? Club Monaco is fancier version of Banana Republic. Nothing majorly special. But would be nice for CLT. When I think of trendy, I think of Diesel, A/X, H&M, Zara, Energie/Miss Sixty, French Connection, Betsey Johnson, All Saints, etc. These stores would do well in CLT.....esp. H&M, Zara, and A/X...they aren't really that expensive.

Trendier stores like Club Monaco?? Club Monaco is fancier version of Banana Republic. Nothing majorly special. But would be nice for CLT. When I think of trendy, I think of Diesel, A/X, H&M, Zara, Energie/Miss Sixty, French Connection, Betsey Johnson, All Saints, etc. These stores would do well in CLT.....esp. H&M, Zara, and A/X...they aren't really that expensive.

Well Club monaco is on the fancier side. I shop there all the time . Some things they do have in there are very trendy... Zara can be really expensive at times coats and jackets in Zara range from 150 too 300 dollars shoes start from 40 too 150 suits can be too.. H&M is the one thats cheap you can walk in there and get 2 or 3 outfits for 100 dollars.

I agree. I would like to have a Club Monaco in Charlotte. The city could support it b/c it isn't that much more than Banana. I would go to the one all the time in Bucktown, but of course it was within walking distance. I am not that excited about 7 or True Religion. Cool jean companies seem to always end up being a fad. Some loser celeb will wear them and the brand becomes "uncool".

I agree. I would like to have a Club Monaco in Charlotte. The city could support it b/c it isn't that much more than Banana. I would go to the one all the time in Bucktown, but of course it was within walking distance. I am not that excited about 7 or True Religion. Cool jean companies seem to always end up being a fad. Some loser celeb will wear them and the brand becomes "uncool".

Yeah they should have put Zara there first though. I think that store would do great there and it would fit perfectly with all the rest of the stores.. Also I like Metropark it would be a great addition.. Charlotte also needs some men stores to like HUGO BOSS or Something Like BALLY'S

If it's not already there, Timberland will be opening a store in SP as well.....

It's not listed on the mall website yet, but neither is 7 For All Mankind. That's a lot of T's at once... True Religion, Tory Burch, Timberland. I'm still surprised we don't have a Club Monaco (do they even expand anymore?), North Face, or Betsey Johnson (my girlfriend likes that one) store yet.

It's not listed on the mall website yet, but neither is 7 For All Mankind. That's a lot of T's at once... True Religion, Tory Burch, Timberland. I'm still surprised we don't have a Club Monaco (do they even expand anymore?), North Face, or Betsey Johnson (my girlfriend likes that one) store yet. I don't think they are last stores cities I know got betsey Johnson was perimeter mall in Atlanta and Jacksonville town center.. Club Monaco I don't think they have expanded in a long time.. At least zara is still expanding Orlando just got its 2nd zara .You probably see one of those before club Monaco
Edited by DOLCE&GABBANA