SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

I really don't care for the Intermix that we have here in Atlanta. We jokingly call it the Mixup lol! I am hoping it will eventually close and something great will come along and take it's place. I was hoping that Fendi would locate in that area of the mall which is on the Saks wing, but they chose instead to locate in Lenox Square next door to Bulgari.

Congradulations on getting a 7 For All Mankind Boutique, I just love that store, and was so excited when it finally opened here in Atlanta.

And don't give up on getting that A/X Armani Exchange lol!

Edited by Kenneth Disraili

I really don't care for the Intermix that we have here in Atlanta. We jokingly call it the Mixup lol! I am hoping it will eventually close and something great will come along and take it's place. I was hoping that Fendi would locate in that area of the mall which is on the Saks wing, but they chose instead to locate in Lenox Square next door to Bulgari.

Congradulations on getting a 7 For All Mankind Boutique, I just love that store, and was so excited when it finally opened here in Atlanta.

And don't give up on getting that A/X Armani Exchange lol!

2 in Atlanta? 2 in Orlando? Not 1 in Charlotte? Doesn't make sense at all lol. I recently bought a pair of Armani Exchange sunglasses from Dillard's here in Asheville and I love them. Would like to see an A/X at SouthPark. :)

2 in Atlanta? 2 in Orlando? Not 1 in Charlotte? Doesn't make sense at all lol. I recently bought a pair of Armani Exchange sunglasses from Dillard's here in Asheville and I love them. Would like to see an A/X at SouthPark. :)

A/X is terrible, their clothes scream NJ trash, I would much rather have a Club Monaco, a Top Shop, a Zara, and an H&M, at least they have the option of some classy looks.

A/X is terrible, their clothes scream NJ trash, I would much rather have a Club Monaco, a Top Shop, a Zara, and an H&M, at least they have the option of some classy looks.

New Jersey is not the only place that has A/X. Just because you associate that store with those people doesnt mean anything. Graphic Tees are worn by all kinds of people. Affliction and Ed Hardy and even Express t-shirts are no better. A/X is very trendy for the price points and quality it has. I think it would be a great addition to the boring, conservative BS SP has for young people.

New Jersey is not the only place that has A/X. Just because you associate that store with those people doesnt mean anything. Graphic Tees are worn by all kinds of people. Affliction and Ed Hardy and even Express t-shirts are no better. A/X is very trendy for the price points and quality it has. I think it would be a great addition to the boring, conservative BS SP has for young people.

I consider Affliction, Ed Hardy and Express the same level of crap. I should mention that I design some of the clothes you speak of (apparel carried at A/X, Forever 21, Express, Target, etc) for a living... And none of them are quality. I do agree however, that SP needs a lot of life for young people though, I just HATE A/X.

I consider Affliction, Ed Hardy and Express the same level of crap. I should mention that I design some of the clothes you speak of (apparel carried at A/X, Forever 21, Express, Target, etc) for a living... And none of them are quality. I do agree however, that SP needs a lot of life for young people though, I just HATE A/X.

I hate A{sodEmoji.|}X too and I'm proud that there isn't one in Charlotte.

^Haha I know whenever I think of Crabtree I think of crabapple trees....when I think of Southpark I think of the Southpark cartoon series.....doesn't take much imagination to know what I think of when I hear folks talking bout Hanes Mall ;)

Edited by NCMike1981

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vera Bradley opening soon in old Geox space. Rockport Shoes now open. Pandora almost complete. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and Tory Burch tenant upfits underway.

Vera Bradley and Rockport???? EWWWW

Man, do you know how hard it is to find a store that carries extra wide shoes that aren't new balance? Let's cut Rockport a little slack...

I agree. I personally wear narrow shoes, which Rockport sells online, but not in its stores. Stores like this provide a few options for people who are harder to fit or on a budget. There's enough room under SouthPark's tent for this without any threat to its upscale cred.

^^ That's true Steven, but when Vera Bradley opened up in Phipps I almost puked. It's bad enough that we have to put up with J.Jill's flea market clearance clothes and to top it off Phipps has a Coldwater Creek with those country hick looking clothes. Then here comes another typical mall store called Barami, OMG!!!! I'm all for balance and a good deal, but Phipps would be better off with a JCPenney than these outfits. And no, I refuse to get into Belk. There must be at least 20 threads on that by now.

^^ That's true Steven, but when Vera Bradley opened up in Phipps I almost puked. It's bad enough that we have to put up with J.Jill's flea market clearance clothes and to top it off Phipps has a Coldwater Creek with those country hick looking clothes. Then here comes another typical mall store called Barami, OMG!!!! I'm all for balance and a good deal, but Phipps would be better off with a JCPenney than these outfits. And no, I refuse to get into Belk. There must be at least 20 threads on that by now.

De gustibus non est disputandum, man. (“there is no disputing about tastes”). I really don't dig Vera Bradley or J. Jill, but I'm a man in his mid-30s. They're not marketing to my demographic. The tenant list at SouthPark (or any mall) would be really small if they just focused on what you or me would want to see there. We also have to give shoppers credit for being more sophisticated than they may seem on the outset. My mom, for example, loves Coldwater Creek, and she is decidedly not a hick. She would appreciate a Coldwater Creek as well as Neiman Marcus and the 'dreaded' Belk in the same mall. That's why she loves SouthPark...sometimes more than I do, in fact.

By the way, I've heard every argument against Belk that can be printed and I remain unconvinced that they deserve to be referred to as a retail pariah. Stores are stores, and what they sell is largely dependent on what people will comfortably buy from them. Belk's been at Phipps for four years now, and SOMEBODY is shopping there, so they may be onto something. My hope is that, despite original reports to the contrary, they're now merchandising themselves at Phipps like they do at Belk SouthPark. If not, and they're still in business and profitable, guess what? Country dun come to the city and dun good :silly:

Edited by StevenRocks

• 4 weeks later...

I know wikipedia should be taken lightly, but while aimlessly searching the site, I stumbled on the mall's page. According to it, Ferragamo, Ed Hardy, and Anne Fontaine are opening at the mall...what's even more confusing is the fact that it says Old Navy is opening at the mall. Now the latter part has me believing this is false information, which makes me wish that the stores had references next to them.

But I thought this would stir up some conversation...

I know wikipedia should be taken lightly, but while aimlessly searching the site, I stumbled on the mall's page. According to it, Ferragamo, Ed Hardy, and Anne Fontaine are opening at the mall...what's even more confusing is the fact that it says Old Navy is opening at the mall. Now the latter part has me believing this is false information, which makes me wish that the stores had references next to them.

But I thought this would stir up some conversation...

The day SP gets an Old Navy will be the day Carolina Place gets a Prada boutique!

Why? Cheaper rent?

Probably not, though technically the common area maintenance fess should be lower. I'm thinking that the location in the mall shifted from being the most prominent (outside of the mall's biggest best anchor) to less so (on the scondary mall entrance of the mall's thrid best anchor), and no suitable locations were located in the new upscale wing, Brooks Brothers began looking around. Phillips Place has been looking for stable, well-known tenants for a while and had a center court location ready to occupy. It's a decent match, though honestly half the time I go to Brooks in Charlotte is because it's at the mall.

Probably not, though technically the common area maintenance fess should be lower. I'm thinking that the location in the mall shifted from being the most prominent (outside of the mall's biggest best anchor) to less so (on the scondary mall entrance of the mall's thrid best anchor), and no suitable locations were located in the new upscale wing, Brooks Brothers began looking around. Phillips Place has been looking for stable, well-known tenants for a while and had a center court location ready to occupy. It's a decent match, though honestly half the time I go to Brooks in Charlotte is because it's at the mall.

That's a very insightful analysis- makes sense.

Suprised that Brooks Bros. hasn't opened at Haywood Mall in Greenville, SC yet, especially since Harold's down the road in Greenville closed, leaving pretty much no higher-end preppy men's clothing store in town, other than Rush Wilson. If Knoxville has a Brooks Bros., Greenville should be able to support one.