Watermelon Festival

Neo

I didn't particularly want to go but I was trying to find some sort of entertainment yesterday so I went to check out the Watermelon Festival in Pageland, SC. It wasn't very enthralling so I won't be going again, but I did take a few snapshots of the ordeal for you guys to see.

DSC02205.JPG

DSC02207.JPG

DSC02208.JPG

DSC02209.JPG

DSC02210.JPG

DSC02212.JPG

DSC02213.JPG

DSC02214.JPG

DSC02215.JPG

DSC02217.JPG

There wasn't much "watermelon" around other than what was on the water tower and a couple of vendors selling them out of the back of their truck. Pageland is an outer Charlotte suburb if you could even call it that! Not sure of the mileage between Pageland and Charlotte but I'd say it's a good hour and a half drive from Charlotte to Pageland with traffic and all...maybe there's a shortcut? Not everyday that I go to Pageland so I'm a little unsure. :unsure:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, nice pics. Pageland's big claim to fame these days is that it has a huge Walmart distribution center. Beyond that, it is a good place to stop for a "tee" on the way to the Beach. ;)

Speaking of that, well, sort of...601 South past the SC border is very nice now. They added 2 lanes so now it's a 4 lane highway, much needed I'd say! SC really does have their road budget figured out!

Speaking of that Wal-Mart DC, I worked there for a week right when I got out of high school and then quit, it's a horrible place to work! Plus it took me an hour to get to work, it was horrid!

Speaking of that Wal-Mart DC, I worked there for a week right when I got out of high school and then quit, it's a horrible place to work! Plus it took me an hour to get to work, it was horrid!

I went into a Walmart once. It was quite scary and I have never been inside one since then. Between the poor treatment of employees and the way they destroy cities all over the country, I really don't see how anyone could shop at a Walmart. Walmart has yet to get their foot in the door around here, and I hope it stays that way. If there is one store I absolutely hate it would be Walmart.

I'd like to make a note that since my divorce with my ex-wife I've been Wal-Mart free! It's been around 15 months since I've stepped foot in a Wal-Mart! I say revolt against Wal-Mart! I do all my shopping for household goods and miscellaneous items at Target and I leave the food shopping to the grocery store, not one of those do-it-all places.

I feel like I'm in a AA meeting. :lol:

Archived