OT: Google Streetview Expands to All 7 Continents

bic

I find this to be pretty incredible-- most of the streets in the 1st World are now available to be viewed in hi-resolution thanks to Google's Streetview system. I'm a huge fan of this, as it allows me to relive some old overseas vacations by taking a virtual stroll down the same streets I ventured down years ago. It will also help tremendously in planning future vacations, giving me the option to scope out the neighborhood a particular hotel is in before deciding to book it. What they've done is really amazing...I encourage you check it out if you haven't done so already.

Tip: To get an idea of what regions have been photographed, zoom out as far as you can and then drag the little Streetview man-icon over to the map. The regions viewable with Streetview will be shaded in blue, whereas the dots represent static photos of points of interest.

To get you started, here's a link to a view of one of my favorite places in the world.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived