Marriot Projects On West End

MTSUBlueraider86

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am hoping ESU (William Williams) can shed some light on a start date for this as the land was cleared over a year ago. I hope the Patel's have their financing in place so this project can get going with about an 18 month construction timetable.

BR86

The Patels (the developers) have used Bid Clerk (a good sign on the surface). Have not heard if permits pulled. Mrs. Patel wrote via email the intent is to starts by year's end.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

There is an article in the Post today as WW spoke to Mr Patel and the project will break ground in September. Without reading the article I am unsure of what else in in it but I told WW that the project was on the Planning docket and I thought that it may be getting some new life. Great news for West End. This will be 8 stories and I have the rendering in an earlier post and it is on the project list rundown.

Great news! What is the address of this lot again? It has been so long that I've forgotten, and I can't find the original thread. Whenever there is a new project in the pipeline I always like to give the location a quick 'drive by' on google street view to see how the landscape will change.

Great news! What is the address of this lot again? It has been so long that I've forgotten, and I can't find the original thread. Whenever there is a new project in the pipeline I always like to give the location a quick 'drive by' on google street view to see how the landscape will change.

http://goo.gl/maps/0RpX

No , I wish it were Lake Palmer. this is a couple of blocks west.

Oh, I know the site. I'm referring to the fact that it was "ready," but seems to be sitting without any activity indefinitely. Obviously Lake Palmer is far worse, not only due to the hole, but the length of time it's been there.

Looks awful to me. It tries to be four different buildings built at four different times, and ends up looking like a collage of magazine photos wrapped around a milk crate. That dark-gray base building with the ribbon windows - is that an existing structure being built atop, or an unfortunate choice of aesthetic? This is the kind of architecture that is at first appreciated as modern but within a decade we're left wondering what the designers were thinking, and looking forward to the 20-story office tower that will mercifully replace it. This is placeholder architecture.

This is the typical appearance of similar projects. See the one in ATL for example:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6415/hgihomewoodmidtown.jpg

Looks awful to me. It tries to be four different buildings built at four different times, and ends up looking like a collage of magazine photos wrapped around a milk crate. That dark-gray base building with the ribbon windows - is that an existing structure being built atop, or an unfortunate choice of aesthetic? This is the kind of architecture that is at first appreciated as modern but within a decade we're left wondering what the designers were thinking, and looking forward to the 20-story office tower that will mercifully replace it. This is placeholder architecture.

Archived