Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTSUBlueraider86

Marriot Projects On West End

23 posts in this topic

I am hoping ESU (William Williams) can shed some light on a start date for this as the land was cleared over a year ago. I hope the Patel's have their financing in place so this project can get going with about an 18 month construction timetable.

BR86

I am hoping ESU (William Williams) can shed some light on a start date for this as the land was cleared over a year ago. I hope the Patel's have their financing in place so this project can get going with about an 18 month construction timetable.

BR86

The Patels (the developers) have used Bid Clerk (a good sign on the surface). Have not heard if permits pulled. Mrs. Patel wrote via email the intent is to starts by year's end.

According to John, there is a "for sale" sign on this property now. This one may be dead folks.

This on was supposed to be a Spring Hill Suites and Residence Inn

Drove by and there is not a for sale sign here.

So who knows what will happen

That is odd because the sign was on the right side of the lot on Saturday. Oh well, maybe it was not for this particular parcel but it said For Sale Listed with So IN So Realty...Maybe I am crazy.

That sign is the general contractor for the project and not a for sale sign. If you pass quickly it is easily mistaken for a for sale sign and it has been there for a good while too.

There is an article in the Post today as WW spoke to Mr Patel and the project will break ground in September. Without reading the article I am unsure of what else in in it but I told WW that the project was on the Planning docket and I thought that it may be getting some new life. Great news for West End. This will be 8 stories and I have the rendering in an earlier post and it is on the project list rundown.

I'll believe this when I see a crane! Hopefully this will get done, but I still have my doubts on this one. How many Marriott Properties do we need?

No , I wish it were Lake Palmer. this is a couple of blocks west.

I'll still believe it when I see it. Call me cynical, but I see no need for this optimism when this project was announced 3 years ago. The same with WES, or any of Tony's projects as of late, his Park 25 not withstanding, but he has a minor interest in that. Its not even on his website.

Not particularly awesome but not completely awful either. It is a heck of a lot better than an empty lot

Great news! What is the address of this lot again? It has been so long that I've forgotten, and I can't find the original thread. Whenever there is a new project in the pipeline I always like to give the location a quick 'drive by' on google street view to see how the landscape will change.

Great news! What is the address of this lot again? It has been so long that I've forgotten, and I can't find the original thread. Whenever there is a new project in the pipeline I always like to give the location a quick 'drive by' on google street view to see how the landscape will change.

http://goo.gl/maps/0RpX

No , I wish it were Lake Palmer. this is a couple of blocks west.

Oh, I know the site. I'm referring to the fact that it was "ready," but seems to be sitting without any activity indefinitely. Obviously Lake Palmer is far worse, not only due to the hole, but the length of time it's been there.

Friends,

I had a very nice chat with Dr. Anil Patel. A pleasant gentleman. I do believe this project is ready to move forward.

WW

1 person likes this

Looks awful to me. It tries to be four different buildings built at four different times, and ends up looking like a collage of magazine photos wrapped around a milk crate. That dark-gray base building with the ribbon windows - is that an existing structure being built atop, or an unfortunate choice of aesthetic? This is the kind of architecture that is at first appreciated as modern but within a decade we're left wondering what the designers were thinking, and looking forward to the 20-story office tower that will mercifully replace it. This is placeholder architecture.

1 person likes this

This is the typical appearance of similar projects. See the one in ATL for example:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6415/hgihomewoodmidtown.jpg

Looks awful to me. It tries to be four different buildings built at four different times, and ends up looking like a collage of magazine photos wrapped around a milk crate. That dark-gray base building with the ribbon windows - is that an existing structure being built atop, or an unfortunate choice of aesthetic? This is the kind of architecture that is at first appreciated as modern but within a decade we're left wondering what the designers were thinking, and looking forward to the 20-story office tower that will mercifully replace it. This is placeholder architecture.

Woof. Looks like a shopping cart gird with cheescloth carrying boxes of Legos toys. Wherever could they be hiding the parking structure in that masterpiece :whistling: ?

1 person likes this

The Atlanta building is hideous. Mr. Patel's building, comparatively, will look like the Chrysler Building. I'm fine with the Patel building and actually think it will be fairly attractive. And the various mixture of uses will be very nice.

WW

1 person likes this

The Atlanta building is hideous. Mr. Patel's building, comparatively, will look like the Chrysler Building.

WW

:rofl: I duuno why, but that is funny!

Edited by timmay143