Centennial Hospital

MTSUBlueraider86

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bizjourna...ry-medical.html

This is a good looking project and will add more tower cranes to the sky. I look in the future for this part of midtown to become thick with high rises.

BR86

I do like the look of this building overall. Midtown offers lots of surface parking and underutilized lots. I would like to see the entire mass filled with buildings in the three- to 10-story range, with the occasional 20- to 30-story tower over visual punctuation. Then we get light rail from downtown through Midtown (and along West End Avenue from what everybody says).

We can only dream of light rail and better public transportation. This only happens when people get all of the negative images and beliefs out of their heads about public transportation. Stereotypes have killed public transportation in Nashville, and of course lack of funding and in this area of the country, a tax hike would cause mutiny.

BR86

We can only dream of light rail and better public transportation. This only happens when people get all of the negative images and beliefs out of their heads about public transportation. Stereotypes have killed public transportation in Nashville, and of course lack of funding and in this area of the country, a tax hike would cause mutiny.

BR86

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that public transportation is as bas as it seems. Better perception will come with the new DT cir and the new signage for bus trans, also BRT should bring a positive boost. Plus, with mentioning of a street car down Broad and STAR ridership up, it seems to be going in the right direction, especially if everyone is complaining about traffic.

edit: BTW great project!

• 3 months later...

Hmm.. tricky math.. but apparently HCA is going to build a new public health center for the city.. then swap land with metro, so they can eventually expand Centennial, again..

and it will only cost taxpayers $28.5mil...?

Great that they will use an empty lot for the new public health center.. and great for HCA to have room to expand.. but it sounds to me like the deal favors HCA more than metro. But hey, if the mayor says its a win-win..

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2011/2/16/hca_city_reach_deal_on_285m_project

Archived