Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

• 3 weeks later...

A little confused about Orange Theory.   While I did see an employee say that they are going into the Blurock buidling at 2205 S Orange...and were opening this spring...residents who are upset over a new similar building going in at 1713 S Orange were told that an Orange Theory would be a tenant.    

Anyways, in the meantime a permit has been pulled for the Blurock building for "The Habit Burger Grill" in Suite A.   There is already one inside the Mall at Millenia.   

18 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

That's exciting.  I had Habit the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Being able to walk to it will be nice!

Now, just need a fun bar to supplement Johnnys and Gators.

Vanbarry's isn't all that far is it?

15 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Or a uniform supply place!!!

How about a Mattress Firm?

On 3/13/2017 at 6:31 PM, sunshine said:

Another bar? How about a book store or cafe?

I have no need for a bookstore.  Amazon delivers me books same-day.  There's a Starbucks and Einstein and DD within 5 blocks, I don't know if there's a need for a cafe there (though I'm not opposed).  There is not a bar on the entire strip of Orange.

In the CBD, It's amazing that there isn't another Starbucks near Orange and Washington.   

I like Credo in the exchange but you wouldn't know it was there if you weren't seeking it out.

Back go SoDo,  agree on a bar.  Gators Dockside is the only thing in walking distance between Kaley and Michigan.  . Would be great if Orlando Brewing could sell their spot to a developer and move right on to Orange.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jernigan said:

In the CBD, It's amazing that there isn't another Starbucks near Orange and Washington.   

I like Credo in the exchange but you wouldn't know it was there if you weren't seeking it out.

Back go SoDo,  agree on a bar.  Gators Dockside is the only thing in walking distance between Kaley and Michigan.  . Would be great if Orlando Brewing could sell their spot to a developer and move right on to Orange.

And, unfortunately, The Exchange is basically a 9 to 6 operation. A good coffee shop is basically open from sun up to at least 9 or 10 pm.

• Like 1

Beers, tacos and pizzas..theme of Orlando downtown area restaurants...

Anyway, the manager at the Tijuana Flat by Sodo told us that their store is one of the highest grossing in Orlando. Giving the limited options for dining in that area, I can see why

How about a Red Lobster, Ale House there...

I think what downtown could use in the way of food and coffee is a good old fashioned greasy spoon diner.

If not open 24 hours, then from say, 6 am to 2 am. Something like that.

Older building, unadorned with no "decor" or silly themes.

Coffee, breakfast, hamburgers, french fries, grilled cheese, blt's, donuts, pie, etc.

Basically a Denny's but smaller and less fancy... ;-) 

1 hour ago, AndyPok1 said:

I'm not sure if its the internet evolution post-election confusing me, but I truly don't know if everyone is joking, trolling, or simply curmudgeony in this topic as of late.

Really? I don't get that impression at all.

Which posts are causing your confusion?