Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

On 4/8/2017 at 4:35 PM, Jernigan said:

Zoning change applied for for the empty lot next to the new Hampton Inn on Columbia.   Request is to change use from medical office to another hotel.   6-story Towneplace Suites by Marriott.  Didn't see that coming.

Didn't know that hadn't been announced before. Guys working on it came in 4-5 weeks ago telling me about that and a small piece of retail they would have there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

I break U fix seems like a wierd business model

Yeah, I think its the other way around. U break I fix... I'm not quite sure how well they'd do if they try to charge you, break your device, and hand it back to you and say "u fix it"

1 hour ago, aent said:

Yeah, I think its the other way around. U break I fix... I'm not quite sure how well they'd do if they try to charge you, break your device, and hand it back to you and say "u fix it"

All true, but then again Jernigan may well have just been engaging in a bit of facetiousness by writing it backwards.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Oh, @UngaBungalow ...

I've called out the OBJ for less in this thread lol.

http://bungalower.com/2017/05/14/arbys-hoping-open-location-south-orange/

Yeah...I even commented in the article saying there was one there...and then they JUST tweeted about it...in which I commented there is one already there. 

:tw_flushed:

• Like 1

Annexation and future land use changes in store for 208 E Pineloch - adjacent to the new Southgate development and across from the Publix plaza at SouthSide.   Low office use. 

That lot on the corner of Delaney and Pineloch (was a gas station andhas been fenced off for a while) now has a construction financing sign up and it looks to be come a dentist office.

Nothing major in either of these but will clean up the look of that area. 

10 hours ago, bqknight said:

Yeah...I even commented in the article saying there was one there...and then they JUST tweeted about it...in which I commented there is one already there. 

:tw_flushed:

haha you're right to call me out. It's what I get for writing something from the emergency room. I edited the original post though. Apologies!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

GrowthSpotter covered the property seeking annexation today.   No plans for redevelopment in the near term, just getting hooked up to sewer.   

It gave an update on Southside Shoppes and the one thing that I hadn't read before is that they are looking to put a free standing Starbucks on the "hard corner" (I imagine that means Pineloch and Orange.)

Wonder if it's safe the say that the one at Orange and Crystal Lake will be closing.

4 hours ago, Jernigan said:

It gave an update on Southside Shoppes and the one thing that I hadn't read before is that they are looking to put a free standing Starbucks on the "hard corner" (I imagine that means Pineloch and Orange.)

Wonder if it's safe the say that the one at Orange and Crystal Lake will be closing.

Being that I just bought a place three blocks from that Starbucks, I will be crushed.