Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

And just around the corner from that ABC is the soon to be home of a new brewery on Illiana just west of Orange Avenue.   Per GrowthSpotter, RockPit Brewing is looking to open there next year.   One of the owners is the owner of a homebrew supply store in the Bumby/Curry Ford area but will be relocating that store to the new site as well.  Like sands through the hourglass...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Not sure.   The other thing I'm wondering is if they are taking over an adjacent space.   I didn't think Kimchi had table service 

They don't. They have 2-3 tables in there but it's a takeout only place really. However, in looking at maps, it looks like Kimchis does not use the entire space. 

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Is that where the board of elections is?

No that is on Kaley a few blocks south of Gore

2 hours ago, codypet said:

I forgot that place was closed down.  I feel like it just moved from Delaney the other day.

Where on Delaney was it?  Pineloch?

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

Look for a 7 Eleven to open up there in a matter of months. 

I usually wouldn’t have to ask...but are you serious?  I know there was a proposal a while back to turn the adjacent strip with the Cricket Wireless into the 7-11 store to re-do and open up the fuel island.   

Quite a few stations have closed in the area including that NW corner of Delaney/Pineloch (slated to become a dentist office), the small station on Bumby just south of Curry Ford, and the Orange/Michigan. 

I know this probably isn’t indicative of any bigger trend but I wonder how the economics are changing as electric share grows  if margins are already slim.   When will it not make sense to build a new one and when will it make sense to sell the real estate or re develop.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Quite a few stations have closed in the area including that NW corner of Delaney/Pineloch (slated to become a dentist office), the small station on Bumby just south of Curry Ford, and the Orange/Michigan. 

I know this probably isn’t indicative of any bigger trend but I wonder how the economics are changing as electric share grows  if margins are already slim.   When will it not make sense to build a new one and when will it make sense to sell the real estate or re develop.

I think this has more to do with infill development in the areas closer to downtown.   Because of rising land values, it is becoming more profitable to close the gas stations and redevelop the land.  Although, within the next five years I bet we see a significant decrease in the total number of gas stations.  The future seems to be electric charging at your home and destination instead of refueling/charging on the road.  That is unless Tesla's supercharging technology becomes more widely utilized and cheaper.

Edited by WAJAS98

6 hours ago, Jernigan said:

I'm surprised the small station south of Curry Ford on Bumby lasted this long.  Remember the gas station between Fern Creek and Bumby on Michigan reopened a few years ago.  I think the next casualty will be the Full Service Mobil.  I never see people there.

7 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

The Shell station on Delaney got around - it was originally on the east side of the street and then replaced the Texaco at Pineloch (across the street) and then moved over to Orange (former Amoco/Marathon, I think.)

Yep.

7 hours ago, Jernigan said:

No that is on Kaley a few blocks south of Gore

Where on Delaney was it?  Pineloch?

I usually wouldn’t have to ask...but are you serious?  I know there was a proposal a while back to turn the adjacent strip with the Cricket Wireless into the 7-11 store to re-do and open up the fuel island.   

Yep Pineloch.  There's currently no permit for it on the SJRWMD site, but they did just put new tanks when the station became a Shell.  Seems like a wasted investment now.

As a sidenote, I really hoped this would be more urban.  More Mills Parkish.  This looks to have 2 fast food places in it.image.png.7168f36a0f5dff1e4dea60bf1f1c5993.png