Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

I planted tbe Division Ave question at the state of downtown a few years ago and it caught the Mayor off guard.  He didn’t seem against it but it sounded like it was harder than it seems.  All businesses on the street would have to agree (or at least a certain percent).  

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when that place was just a convenience store that was run by a little Cuban guy and his wife and daughter. They sold these 99¢ Cuban sandwiches that barely had any meat on them, but were tasty because of the garlic butter they slathered on the Cuban roll. Nice, cheap little snack. I would occasionally buy a pack of the rolls they used to take home.

I wish I could remember the name of it. It was something simple like Bob's Market or something.

3 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Noticed the single family homes here were demoed.  Perhaps making room for townhomes fronting Pineloch 

E91576BB-A52A-46C1-A350-0EF18CBE292B.jpeg

Yeah, there was a Zoning board adjustment notice on it a few months ago.  I swore I posted it in here or in one of my group chats, but I just spent 10 minutes searching and couldn't find it.

The most amusing part of it, is that for whatever reason when Orange annexed the Lucky's development, they didn't actually annex Pineloch itself, so OC would have been on the hook for street maintenance.  As part of annexing those single family homes, they rectified that.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:08 AM, JFW657 said:

I remember when that place was just a convenience store that was run by a little Cuban guy and his wife and daughter. They sold these 99¢ Cuban sandwiches that barely had any meat on them, but were tasty because of the garlic butter they slathered on the Cuban roll. Nice, cheap little snack. I would occasionally buy a pack of the rolls they used to take home.

I wish I could remember the name of it. It was something simple like Bob's Market or something.

Max's

The brothers, sons of the owners - now the owners themselves - of Colonial Photo & Hobby, used to live in the apartment above the garage in the back.

Edited by Camillo Sitte
  • Thanks 1