Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

21 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

The extent of my "luckiness" was a couple of samples and a free gallon jug of spring water. 

Not a bad place at all. The prices vary from pretty good to a bit high, but plenty of brands and products you can't get elsewhere, though I'm sure everyone already knows that from having been to other Lucky's stores.

Anyway, I'll be checking the weekly ad circulars, the first of which I just got with my free OS sale paper and coupons, and if I see something on sale that I'd like to try, I'll head over that way when I go to WNM.

Almost bought a small, gluten/high fructose corn syrup/artificial ingredient/etc, etc, etc - free, non-GMO, made with organic cocoa beans locally grown (in Cocoa, btw) by a cooperative that donates all the profits to local charities....  chocolate cheesecake for $4 bucks, but decided agin' it.

Maybe if they still have them this weekend, I'll try one.

Wow. I’ll have to visit but I’m so spoiled having Publix just a short stroll away that I’d be hard pressed to give it up.

When I buy my box of spaghetti I feel just like Marsha Mason in The Goodbye Girl (thankfully, I’ve never been mugged and I’ve NEVER had the hots for Richard Dreyfuss.)

Edited by spenser1058

I wonder if people will be waiting longer at the new Starbucks due to induced demand of a longer queue line?  I’m sort of surprised that a 2019 store doesn’t just make the drive through for mobile order pickup only and require everyone else to go inside.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gtothree2748 said:

How about a Sodo Credo at the old Starbucks. Also, what’s going on with the foxtail “coming soon” near ORMC?

Would love a Craft & Common personally.   

Foxtails permit activity looks current so I’m not overly worried...yet.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

There's one on E. Robinson across from the downtown post office...

craftcommon.jpg

In case you didn't already know, that is.

Yup, that’s their first and only location.  They would also fit well in the old Starbucks space. Unfortunately they are still pretty new and probably don’t have the means to expand at the moment. 

• Thanks 2

Yeah I give them too much money Mon-Fri and would very much welcome giving them more on weekends if they were in the neighborhood.  Personally, that would be a win as Starbucks has definitely had a different vibe since publicly embracing a “you don’t have to buy anything” philosophy.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:54 PM, spenser1058 said:

Is that why we haven’t seen Andy much lately?

Andy's been having to work way too much while still trying to go to the gym and be social.  ... And get in the occasional facebook argument.  I'm still here though, can't get rid of me that easily!

• Like 2