Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

Well, apparently the Wadeview Park Neighborhood Association group has switched to private and kicked me out/banned me for saying their graphic design skills were reflecting poorly on the community, so all I can show is the initial screenshot that doesn't have the back and forth.

And then one on a Sentinel editorial.

image.png

DD25D788-8075-4B15-851D-84C55C704AFD.png

A8FC6E14-1E3F-4E6B-ADCB-74550D4774B1.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

Well, apparently the Wadeview Park Neighborhood Association group has switched to private and kicked me out/banned me for saying their graphic design skills were reflecting poorly on the community, so all I can show is the initial screenshot that doesn't have the back and forth.

image.png

A8FC6E14-1E3F-4E6B-ADCB-74550D4774B1.png

Oh, dear. Maybe Jernigan can set up peace negotiations. I never knew Wadeview Park was so exciting!

What’s so annoying about Facebook is that, when I decided to deactivate it and not let Mark Zuckerberg become the preppy version of Orwell’s Big Brother, it took a near act of Congress to finally get to where you delete your account.

Then, without notice, all kinds of apps that look totally unrelated feed you back into the Facebook ecosystem and you find yourself activated all over again. Then, trying to delete AGAIN, it tries to tell you that you no longer have an account but keeps sending you notifications.

Meanwhile, trying to reach Facebook customer service is like trying to find Dick Cheney’s Secure Undisclosed Location.

Grrrr.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

yeah, and it tries to make you install their app to track you on your smartphone every time somebody messages you from them. 

I end up getting nasty remarks from people (including family members) about why I didn't respond to them. Sorry, but I refuse to submit to that. If you are going to insist on using that to try to contact me instead of a third party encrypted messenger, you are going to be disappointed in my level of responsiveness. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think I'm very much affected by Friendface, err.... Facebook, because I spend very little time posting there, neither on my page or responding to others on theirs.

I only have two or three "friends" and I mostly only use the messenger function to talk to one of them, a gal I know who lives in another state.

I occasionally post a funny pic, meme or cartoon on my page, but that's the extent of it.

Plus, I don't use a cellphone, smart or otherwise, for sending or receiving calls or text messages. I have actually never sent a text message on a mobile phone and don't even know how to. I've got an old flip phone that I only use for the camera and in the event I might someday need to call 911.

I think I'm mostly off their radar screen.

Maybe I’m in the minority but I just don’t even really care about privacy. 

Newsflash - if the government or major corporation wanted to track you or find you, they will. Facebook app or not. The only way to avoid this is literally going off the grid. 

In reality, none of us are really even that important in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For me, it’s not the privacy issues so much as it is the entire disregard for the customer the way they’ve handled things. I just try and avoid companies who make it clear that they have no obligation to the folks they’re serving.

The thing that has been lost as the b-schools morphed capitalism from serving all the stakeholders to simply maximizing shareholder profit is they forgot it’s a two-way street.

In exchange for the opportunity to make a fair profit and a governmental/legal system to provide security and a level playing field for the business, the firm has to recognize its place in the community.

When that begins to break down, people get fed up, rebel and hello, Venezuela., a situation that’s not good for the citizens, the firms, the region or anyone except a few corrupt actors. 

6 hours ago, bqknight said:

Maybe I’m in the minority but I just don’t even really care about privacy. 

Newsflash - if the government or major corporation wanted to track you or find you, they will. Facebook app or not. The only way to avoid this is literally going off the grid. 

In reality, none of us are really even that important in the grand scheme of things. 

Same here pretty much.

If you're not doing anything for the gub'mint to be concerned about, they aren't going to pay attention to you.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:53 PM, AndyPok1 said:

e44.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Payless is closing nationwide which means another vacancy in the Market @ Southside strip mall on Michigan (joining Panera, Bealls)

Payless is no big loss afaic. Their cheap, crappy shoes didn't cost any less than the cheap, crappy shoes at any other discount store. I wouldn't mind seeing Dollar Tree expand over into their space.

• Like 1