Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

24 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Lease pending for the old Baells store in the Michigan strip at Southside...if the month to month rumor is true then I wonder what would be going into that large of a space - maybe a Spirit Halloween store or similar 

It’s Bealls - that’s notable because, like Publix, they’re one of the few native, Florida-based retailers still left.

That's the space I contacted the property management company about, trying to hook them up with Aldi's.

When I checked back a few weeks later, the sales rep told me she contacted them but they weren't interested.

Be nice if they changed their mind. 

That entire vicinity would be grocery store heaven.

29 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

That's the space I contacted the property management company about, trying to hook them up with Aldi's.

When I checked back a few weeks later, the sales rep told me she contacted them but they weren't interested.

Be nice if they changed their mind. 

That entire vicinity would be grocery store heaven.

It will be grocery store heaven when we get a Wegman’s...

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

The Seacoast Bank (I think) branch at Orange and Gore (originally Ivey’s Drug Store) has closed, with the signage and awning removed.

It doesn’t appear as though anything is replacing it at the moment.

I believe it was bought by Orlando Federal Credit Union.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

6-story self-storage project proposed for Sligh Blvd.:

https://bungalower.com/2019/04/17/self-storage-project-eyeing-up-sodo-commercial-lot/

From Bungalower

Jernigan, is this near the train station? I hope they’re not going to tear down some of those funky old shops to do this.

It’s a block north just south of Gore.  Personally, I’ve made my peace with these storage units places but I can see why this is disappointing when the NID released these utopian images of this same stretch of town (The O-Line trail concept).  

• Thanks 1