Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

Yesterday I drove by the Nassal property at Kaley and Division and wondered what was going on with it. I knew they sold it, but I hadn't heard any update in a while.

Today GS reports, "Centre Corp is looking to convert a SoDo industrial site across from the future Pulse Memorial into a mixed-use development with up to 856 residential units." "The site stretches from S. Division Avenue to Atlanta Avenue. It would be developed in two phases and would include ground-floor commercial, live-work units, a potential library or co-working space, ground-floor amenities, a linear park and a shared parking garage." Of course it is being designed by B&B. The buildings would be 7 and 9 stories and include studio, 1,2 and 3 bedroom apartments.

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-kaley-mixed-use-sodo-centrecorp-20220628-naqjd67jujgx7nlhgfmnoecmwe-story.html

image.thumb.jpeg.80455719058d8c762c3af4f484b16970.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 5:03 PM, Jernigan said:

Thanks.  Saw this on Facebook today as well.

Miss the days of real news and info hitting this forum first.  Hard to believe Bungalower essentially started here when you read it nowadays.

I agree.  When you read it now, it's hard to believe it was once something great.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:54 AM, codypet said:

Huh.  So I guess this was the only land in the area that Orlando Health didn't own?   Holy crap if they end up building a mini package district down there.   Somebody call Orlando Brewing!

There's a lot of non-OH owned land down there -- Mears, the concrete producers, etc .  The SODO NID and some of the improvements they've made, like the trail, have been setting the stage for this type of development.  I think this will be the first of a new node of Downtown, like North Quarter has developed over the past 10 years.

3 hours ago, codypet said:

I mean it distinctly changed when Brendan took it over. 

I was referring to this forum, not Bungalower though that definitely opted more for the culture/social blog than the cranespotting that put it on the map and caused the Sentinel and OBJ to up their game.

Brendan knows about this forum and so the decision to not break or even come close to break development news is clearly an intentional one.

Back to this forum, rumors and speculation are welcome.  We have some talented folks and quasi insiders here who can add pieces to the puzzle.

19 hours ago, Jernigan said:

I was referring to this forum, not Bungalower though that definitely opted more for the culture/social blog than the cranespotting that put it on the map and caused the Sentinel and OBJ to up their game.

Brendan knows about this forum and so the decision to not break or even come close to break development news is clearly an intentional one.

Back to this forum, rumors and speculation are welcome.  We have some talented folks and quasi insiders here who can add pieces to the puzzle.

Yea I feel like we basically ended up being the trackers for development and Bungalower became the spiritual successor to Daily City.

• Like 1

I will say, since the city switched from publishing agendas/minutes on their website to using Novus, I find myself reading them 90% less.  It's cumbersome to browse through.  So I've missed a lot more of the tiny projects that I used to bring up.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2022 at 7:30 AM, AmIReal said:

"Yesterday I drove by the Nassal property at Kaley and Division and wondered what was going on with it."

It was always fun to get a peek at whatever you could see over the wall there. My favorite was Raggedy Ann for FAO Schwarz. My husband worked across the street from there (Great Western Meats) for 28 years. It's hard for me to picture residential along there.

Edited by angela1117

12 minutes ago, angela1117 said:

:dunno: good question. Would've been fun to see her going down the road on the back of a flat bed.

That reminds me of a pic of a Nautilus sub destined for WDW being carried on a flatbed through some Gulf town (it may have been St. Pete) after leaving the shipyard.