Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

44 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

A look at the Zayre format (not the actual store) that was eventually removed for SoDo. The Orange Avenue Drive-In theater was behind it.

From Google - Photographer Unlisted

If not for the attached building on the far end, that could be the old Orange Ave Zayre. Ours had attached buildings on the opposite end, or in the foreground of that pic. I remember for a good while, a restaurant equipment supply store being in there. 

As for the drive in, back in the mid 80's, they held a weekly auto auction on the site every Wednesday night. I worked there driving the cars through the auction bays to pick up some extra money. Did it for about three months or so. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

More on the donut shop I posted about on June 3 - http://bungalower.com/2018/06/28/diy-donut-shop-opening-on-east-michigan-street/

Guys, is SoDos “other” street going to eclipse Corrine?   Johnny’s, Swirlery, Tin and Taco, Med Blue, Bakery Plus, Gringos, Sister Honey’s and some cool looking brownstones are starting to make the case...

Not to mention the one and only Debs Discount Den

1 hour ago, popsiclebrandon said:

That donut shop has pulled out of their lease. Not enough parking for them. They are still looking for a spot but apparently haven't found anything so they won't be opening any time soon. I know another donut shop is sniffing around in that area though.

That’s too bad - Southside Shoppes has plenty of parking! 

The bright side might be that strip could be demoed.

@popsiclebrandon That wasn't my point... you misspoke on another local business. You previously insinuated that Ten10 Brewing was closing despite the owner stating otherwise while trying to fend off rumors. It seems like you pose 2nd hand knowledge as fact (without a disclaimer). As a business owner yourself that shouldn't sit well.

Ten10 was forced to put everything up in a liquidation auction. I posted the link to the court filing. I'd say that is of interest to people here. They ended up buying everything back themselves and didn't close but it didn't make anything I posted untrue. If there was a court order for us to sell everything off at auction in our space then I think you guys could ask if we are closing. I didn't misspeak about a damn thing. I get told a ton of things I don't post about in here because I don't have anything to back them up. When I have a court order or an email from the broker I think that is a solid enough source to let people know what I hear. I'm happy to just stop sharing info if that would offend you less.