Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

On 8/3/2018 at 8:30 AM, codypet said:

Aldi and the relocation and then the subsequent expansion of AutoZone did a lot to improve the look of that dumpy plaza across the street.  It prompted the owners of the gas stations to clean up a bit and the owners of adjacent land to demo the long vacant buildings that have dotted the area.   BOA demo'ing the branch and just building ATM's across the street still shows how depressed the area really is.  Banks don't really like being in areas like that.

Long before it was a BoA, it was part of Landmark Banks,  a South Florida bank. The sign noted their ATM, named "All Day, All Night Marianne," featuring a sultry young woman in a Hawaiian print dress as its symbol. That's about as racy as I've ever seen a bank's marketing get.

9 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I think the last time I was in an AT&T store was when I went to look at Mickey Mouse phones back in the '70's in Colonial Plaza Mall. 

I'm not sure exactly why I would need one. I'm hardly a tech savant and I had no problem getting my iPhone ordered and set up online.

For Bright House/Spectrum, they do hardware swaps as well, so for me I've used the stores a good number of times, I hate waiting around for a usually incompetent technician to (not) show up and prefer to go in and change my defective boxes they always seem to give me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, aent said:

For Bright House/Spectrum, they do hardware swaps as well, so for me I've used the stores a good number of times, I hate waiting around for a usually incompetent technician to (not) show up and prefer to go in and change my defective boxes they always seem to give me

This.  I've been to the one on Semoran and the one in the middle of nowhere (it felt to me at least) Ocoee at least two or three times.  Having stores you can get equipment from is one of the things that makes Spectrum >>> UVerse IMO.

But yeah, bit of a waste in that prominent location.  Would rather them be in one of the strip malls being built across the street or back in SoDo itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

This.  I've been to the one on Semoran and the one in the middle of nowhere (it felt to me at least) Ocoee at least two or three times.  Having stores you can get equipment from is one of the things that makes Spectrum >>> UVerse IMO.

Oh my - on behalf of my cousin Rusty, esteemed Mayor of Ocoee, The Center of Good Living!, you wound me, sir. *giggles*

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Head on down to the Elections office on Kaley and vote today. You know you want to.

*OC residents, of course. Or just check your local elections website for the nearest location. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Put mine in the mail today!

• Like 2

I'm usually doing candidate stuff on Election Day so I've been doing absentee or early voting forever.

One thing that drives me crazy is the idea your signature on an absentee ballot has to be an "exact match," even as the credit card companies have now acknowledged signatures are essentially worthless. That's my rant for today. Please carry on!