Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

34 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

That must have been back when JFW and I were still young and pretty...

Instead of old and "distinguished looking" like we are now? :whistling:

Come to think of it, did they even have restaurants back then???? 

I seem to recall a saloon and a general store, but I can't remember a restaurant. :unsure:

• Haha 1

On 12/19/2018 at 12:04 AM, Jernigan said:

Random find but it looks like a restaurant from Ocala, Sayulita Taqueria, is opening a location at 1214 Kuhl - right in the middle of Orlando Health next to the Walgreens. 

www.saytaco.com

More on this:

https://bungalower.com/2018/12/20/shipping-containers-full-of-tacos-coming-to-sodo-neighborhood/

8 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Random find but it looks like a restaurant from Ocala, Sayulita Taqueria, is opening a location at 1214 Kuhl - right in the middle of Orlando Health next to the Walgreens

www.saytaco.com

So they're going to demo a perfectly good building just to put containers in its place?

Why not just use the existing building? 

7 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

Not at grade also! What a fo-pa! Tacky storage down the street at 50/ros gets the at grade, and the trailer park here gets raised for a miniature sbux and pdq! Lol. Kinda disappointed.

I’m waiting for Jernigan to run for city council in District 1 and fix it (at least the part in the city limits.)

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 2

closer look 

my mom calls this "popsicle sticks construction". In puerto rico everything from the walls to the ceiling is pure concrete.

13 years living here and I'm still not over the fact that so many buildings are basically  made of cardboard foam and popsicle sticks.. especially in such a high-risk hurricane region.

IMG_8672.JPG

IMG_8673.JPG

Edited by W7edwin

11 hours ago, W7edwin said:

closer look 

my mom calls this "popsicle sticks construction". In puerto rico everything from the walls to the ceiling is pure concrete.

13 years living here and I'm still not over the fact that so many buildings are basically  made of cardboard foam and popsicle sticks.. especially in such a high-risk hurricane region.

That's what cracked me up about when "Steelhouse" was built...no steel anywhere. Same thing with Crescent Station. Couldn't pay me enough to live in that setup.

• Haha 1