Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

8 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

^^The plaza next door (facing Michigan) is finally getting a facelift. I feel like much of the revitalization is focused on Orange Ave, but Michigan St is being treated like the ugly stepchild.

Yeah that’s the future home or Donut Expirament.    I wouldn’t say Michigan is doing terrible.  Between Fern Creek and Orange you have recent additions of Swirlery, Gringos, Tin & Taco and the donut place,   Of course Johnnys and Sister Honeys are already staples.   The brownstones at Michigan and Osceola are pretty significant.

Id be as bold as to say the offerings are getting close to being on par with Corinne and the future is much brighter.   

X Factor will be what happens to the strip mall with Ross, in my opinion.    If that somehow became mixed use housing and retail, you’ll see Wadeview Park scale up multi family along the south side of the neighborhood the way it is now on the west side between Delaney and Orange.

Edited by Jernigan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

^^

what is that?

See the two posts directly above the pics you're asking about.

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Also, have any of you been to the new Lucky's Market at Pineloch?  It is awesome!

Was there on opening day. Posted about it. Bought a gluten free frozen pizza with veggies and fake veggie meat (pretty bad) and a couple of non-dairy, gluten free "cheezecakes". That's cheeze with a "z" because there was no actual cheese in it, so they couldn't legally call it cheesecake. Not bad. I only bought them because they were on sale for $4 bucks each. Got a chocolate and a strawberry.

Also got a free gallon jug of water.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

See the two posts directly above the pics you're asking about.

Was there on opening day. Posted about it. Bought a gluten free frozen pizza with veggies and fake veggie meat (pretty bad) and a couple of non-dairy, gluten free "cheezecakes". That's cheeze with a "z" because there was no actual cheese in it, so they couldn't legally call it cheesecake. Not bad. I only bought them because they were on sale for $4 bucks each. Got a chocolate and a strawberry.

Also got a free gallon jug of water.

Oh, that's the Michigan Street corridor, just east of Orange Ave, on the north side, with that new building u/c at the corner.  got it.

41 minutes ago, orlandoguy said:

That’s great to see. I honestly thought Earth Fare had pulled out or something based on the lack of progress in what I assumed was their space (the NE corner).

They’ve been working on it. Fridges are in there and everything. Seems to be not too far off actually. 

• Like 1