Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

47 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Do I want to know what a Mathnasium is?

Whatever it is, let's hope it turns out to be a positive rather than a negative that adds to the area and doesn't divide us.

Of course, a lot of variables and factors could go into the equation. 

Sorry if I went off on a tangent. That's just my angle on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/8/2019 at 6:18 PM, JFW657 said:

Whatever it is, let's hope it turns out to be a positive rather than a negative that adds to the area and doesn't divide us.

Of course, a lot of variables and factors could go into the equation. 

Sorry if I went off on a tangent. That's just my angle on it.

My brother worked there for a while.  Its a place where parents can pay to have their child tudored after school.

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2019 at 9:39 AM, Jernigan said:

Earth Fare signage 

62265DFC-2577-4819-8A5A-F1F6AA9A10BA.jpeg

Couldn’t get a photo today but Earth Fares signage for the actual store is up and IMO it’s great.   It’s loud and almost cartoony compared to the classic looking building.   I’m sure some people will hate it but I thought it was very eye catching.  Retail ya’lllll 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Couldn’t get a photo today but Earth Fares signage for the actual store is up and IMO it’s great.   It’s loud and almost cartoony compared to the classic looking building.   I’m sure some people will hate it but I thought it was very eye catching.  Retail ya’lllll 

Someone else on Facebook got a photo 

8F574C01-D02D-4C44-8F09-22118FF1FE5A.jpeg

• Like 2

I can't get over how badly SunRail needs a stop in Sodo along Michigan. This area is growing way faster than any area around any of the other stops. Doesn't make sense that there are no stops in between the hospital and Sandlake. A cheap infill station could generate lots of ridership for little cost . The traffic down Orange is horrible and there's no bike lanes either.

7 hours ago, YimbyOrlando said:

I can't get over how badly SunRail needs a stop in Sodo along Michigan. This area is growing way faster than any area around any of the other stops. Doesn't make sense that there are no stops in between the hospital and Sandlake. A cheap infill station could generate lots of ridership for little cost . The traffic down Orange is horrible and there's no bike lanes either.

I agree that a stop is needed, not only at Sodo, but at Orlando Health as well.

An OH stop seems like it would be easy because the Amtrak Station is right there.

But Sodo could prove a bit more difficult because the right of ways along the tracks behind Target are too narrow to build a station.

Looking south from Grant St and the tracks, you can see there is really no room on either side of the tracks. 

sodosvw.jpg

Looking north, it's pretty much the same unless they could purchase a small piece of that big, empty lot...

sodonvw.jpg

...to the east of the tracks.

That, of course, would raise the cost and possibly involve a legal battle if the owner didn't want to sell.

Lot of ifs involved.