Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

I went to the new Earth Fare this morning. I'm pretty specific in my wants/needs for a grocery store and they met those needs better than the competitors, so I assume this will be where I do most of my shopping. 

2 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

The Foxtail banner has been removed from the former Mama B’s site

I noticed that this morning... I've been wondering why this has been delayed so long while their other projects progressed so quickly. Hopefully the banner was simply removed by a homeless person who used it to make a tent.

• Like 1

Retail bottom whole block with ingratiated parking garage for public and private and plop a 420/520 esque street wall. Or just do a Lucky's corner type deal, or a Mill's type deal, or a Sodo type deal. Boom, The Promenade on Michigan is born. 9-story, major retail anchored bottom.

19 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

I went to the new Earth Fare this morning. I'm pretty specific in my wants/needs for a grocery store and they met those needs better than the competitors, so I assume this will be where I do most of my shopping. 

I noticed that this morning... I've been wondering why this has been delayed so long while their other projects progressed so quickly. Hopefully the banner was simply removed by a homeless person who used it to make a tent.

Alex is trying to get the old Starbucks.

Edited by jgardnerucf
edit
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

It’s no longer on the FoxTail website either...

It passed its last review on 2/15.

Starbucks abandoned its location on Crystal Lake a few weeks later.

Just sayin...

SoDo votes for McCafe?

Isnt there also a Starbucks in Target?

(Since I just drink my Diet Dr Pepper, I am out of the loop on overpriced coffee.)

4 hours ago, AmIReal said:

So what kind of freebies were they handing out?

I thought about going but it was just too cold and crappy looking outside to get out of my warm, comfy house and drive over there.

Maybe I'll stop in this weekend.

But please, tell me about the free samples!!! :P

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jernigan said:

The Foxtail banner has been removed from the former Mama B’s site. 

Do you think Foxtail had to back out? I was really looking forward to seeing what they do with the building. I wonder if it has anything to do with the brownfield site designation?

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

But please, tell me about the free samples!!!

The 1st 500 people got gift cards (ours were $5 each). Everyone got a carry bag and an apple?? on the way in.

Once inside, pretty much every food item was being sampled, but I just went straight for the coffee (good). I also went back for a late lunch (got another bag) and sampled/ ate my way around the store (including an over cooked pizza and a yummy clam chowder). Their hot bar looked better than Lucky's, but I was too full to eat anymore... :)

Btw, they have beer and wine on tap and a "relaxation" area to hang out (should be a nice attraction for the homeless). They weren't serving today, but will start tomorrow.

I believe they are doing the giveaways again on Saturday if you can drag yourself out of bed...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AmIReal said:

The 1st 500 people got gift cards (ours were $5 each). Everyone got a carry bag and an apple?? on the way in.

Once inside, pretty much every food item was being sampled, but I just went straight for the coffee (good). I also went back for a late lunch (got another bag) and sampled/ ate my way around the store (including an over cooked pizza and a yummy clam chowder). Their hot bar looked better than Lucky's, but I was too full to eat anymore... :)

Btw, they have beer and wine on tap and a "relaxation" area to hang out (should be a nice attraction for the homeless). They weren't serving today, but will start tomorrow.

I believe they are doing the giveaways again on Saturday if you can drag yourself out of bed...

I can get myself out of bed.  Its my wife I have trouble dragging awake before noon.:tw_grin:

On 3/20/2019 at 1:50 PM, AmIReal said:

A SoDo board member told me some sort of juice/smoothie type thing, but did not provide name.

Interesting - I remember the NID Director saying that the property was going to be re-leased very quickly back in February.

That’s a pretty ambitious smoothie location with the size and drive through 

13 hours ago, Jernigan said:

I remember the NID Director saying that the property was going to be re-leased very quickly back in February.

My conversation was around Christmas time and I have not heard anything else since... I would think the location would have multiple suitors.

• Like 1