Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

8 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

do you know how the parking works

The entire 1st floor is marked for Earthfare customers and says towing enforced. I've been walking, but drove last night around 7:30 and plenty of spaces available. You can enter the garage from Orange or Gore.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

If/when (or when/if) I go there, I'll probably just park at Beardall and walk over.

I hate messing with parking garages.

From the Twitter video above, it looks exactly like the inside of Lucky's.

Admit it, JFW, you just wanna hang out with the shuffleboard crowd! *runs*

I have to admit I was expecting dcluley to ride his bike over.

Edited by spenser1058

32 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Admit it, JFW, you just wanna hang out with the shuffleboard crowd! *runs*

I have to admit I was expecting dcluley to ride his bike over.

I've never played shuffle board, but I've considered possibly going over there on shuffle board night and checking it out.

I do however, go there for the annual Halloween party and the occasional ice cream social.

I've noticed there seems to be a lotta old people there, though.... :huh: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, codypet said:

Parking wasn't bad when I went Saturday.  Parked on the ground floor and walked right in.  People in my neighborhood however are complaining they were having hard times entering and exiting the garage.  I just can't figure out how they had problems.

Not sure how it will go with Earth Fare, but at the SoDo Super Target I have to say I’ve gotten to where I can whip into the garage from Grant St and go up one level and hop out and to the escalator with very little effort. I’m not usually a fan of garages (I always walked to the Eola Publix), but in many ways the SoDo garage is less of a hassle than parking in BFE at the Maguire Target parking lot.

• Like 2

I went to Earth Fare on Sunday and had no issues with parking, signs were everywhere pointing shoppers in the right direction and there appeared to be adequate spaces dedicated to Earth Fare only. Plus there was an OPD cruiser parked near the main doors in the garage, odd, but I guess he was there to keep the peace. I don't feel they are cheaper than any of the other specialty grocers despite press releases claiming they provide "meals that are both healthy and affordable for families." It's like Fresh Market without the ambiance. I'd equate them to Chamberlin's Natural Foods during it's heyday, more specifically, the Winter Park location before it closed down. Chamberlin's was the OG before Whole Foods took over.

• Like 1

My issue with Earth Fare is they’re owned by a private equity fund. Sooner or later, retailers owned by such outfits find themselves unable to update because their Wall St. masters suck all the profits out.

The retail apocalypse in fact has more to do with companies burdened by these funds than it has ever had to do with the rise of Amazon.

46 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

The corner and south side of the Orange and Michigan retail project - Mathnasium and UBreakIFix.

Sorry it anyone confused it for Earth Fare :P

BDA2991A-87E3-4A49-8C6D-69647FD5F87E.jpeg

Thank you!

*Goes to the Mathnasium for a hard workout breaking down those quadratic equations*

JFW can spot for me!

Edited by spenser1058

34 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

We’re you hoping for a Victoria’s Secret? *giggles*

Well, I hadn't actually considered that, but now that you mention it.... :whistling:

Of course, given the location, they couldn't have any kind of window display, because of all the wrecks it would cause.

But a VS with a good food place next door would be extra cool!!! :thumbsup:

No tacos, though.

Not that I don't like tacos. It's just that having a taco joint next door to a place that sells see thru panties might be seen as a being a bit crass and lacking in good taste.

Kind of like that joke. :blush: :rolleyes:

(Oh no I di'int!!!)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Isn’t there a South Orange Medical” project going there?

I thought at first it might be residential because of what got torn down but they also stripped the side off the existing dental office/preschool building that's there as if they were attaching whatever is being built to it

1 hour ago, LouStoo said:

I thought at first it might be residential because of what got torn down but they also stripped the side off the existing dental office/preschool building that's there as if they were attaching whatever is being built to it

https://images4.loopnet.com/d2/3dbhic8zz1NQamkm-B53vryVYk8y-ca42px7VNZQ_dM/document.pdf