Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

10 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

It was reported in January by local media and Bungalower. The master plan I have seen is by HKS and associated with the Arnold Palmer Hospital Children's Medical Pavilion, Garage, and New bed tower.  Also shows additional "future expansion" of ORMC and WPH areas. 

I think you misunderstood what I was saying... Yes, I know the MOBs were reported on and we have seen the plans filed with the city, I simply posted the picture that OH just released on 8/1/19 and I included links in case anyone needed refreshing. I was saying if you have additional renderings, please post them since OH has not even shared any pictures w/employees yet. Renderings - not plans. I want to see pictures lol.

Edited by nite owℓ

9 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

I have, I just don't think I can show them. It was massing renderings of 3d model for APH and master plan and programming graphics of the campus area surrounding lake beauty. 

Ahh, ok understood. Not sure how much you can say, but... are they a bunch of generic looking buildings or are they on par with WPH architecture-wise? Are they standalone buildings or will they finally connect via skywalks a la FH South? And will the new buildings be visible from Orange Ave?

I haven't been impressed with anything FL Hosp or OH has done since the recession. Even ORMC's bed tower was scaled down to something boring (granted, the original rendering was a bit over the top lol).

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1

New APH Children's Medical Pavilion is a 6-7 story building on the south side of Lake Beauty. It is a stand-alone 215,000 SF building that will connect to a separate standalone parking structure being put up modular pre-cast by (I believe) Fin-Frock. The CMP and Garage will be connected by elevated pedestrian bridges to each other and north from the garage to existing APH. There is a smaller PH II of the CMP that would be four stories tall and would be curved in nature lining up around the SW edge of Lake Beauty. The APH bed tower is supposed to be a 96 bed 6 story tower addition on the easternmost side of APH.  

All will be very visible from Orange Ave and create a sense of place around Lake Beauty as a focal point. 

ORMC and WPH areas just had boxes noted as "Future Expansion" area with no details at this time on the master plan document from HKS. 

This was from planning/programming documents/presentation by HKS for the AE/CM RFP that was released last month. They did not have final design documents, as they were selecting the AE/CM team and the design will be finalized by the AE with help from CM team in precon for estimating and options analysis/VE. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

New APH Children's Medical Pavilion is a 6-7 story building on the south side of Lake Beauty. It is a stand-alone 215,000 SF building that will connect to a separate standalone parking structure being put up modular pre-cast by (I believe) Fin-Frock. The CMP and Garage will be connected by elevated pedestrian bridges to each other and north from the garage to existing APH. There is a smaller PH II of the CMP that would be four stories tall and would be curved in nature lining up around the SW edge of Lake Beauty. The APH bed tower is supposed to be a 96 bed 6 story tower addition on the easternmost side of APH.  

All will be very visible from Orange Ave and create a sense of place around Lake Beauty as a focal point. 

ORMC and WPH areas just had boxes noted as "Future Expansion" area with no details at this time on the master plan document from HKS. 

This was from planning/programming documents/presentation by HKS for the AE/CM RFP that was released last month. They did not have final design documents, as they were selecting the AE/CM team and the design will be finalized by the AE with help from CM team in precon for estimating and options analysis

Thank you for sharing 

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn

2 hours ago, orlandoguy said:

Sooo ... is someone going to tell the owners that their restaurant isn’t in South Orlando, as the ironwork indicates?

How is it not south Orlando...?

14 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Scott J says Delaney’s is just about ready to go:

If anyone is interested, SoDo district is hosting an after hours event at Delaney's on 8/20. The invite says they are kicking off a resident member drive.

https://www.sododistrict.org/?page_id=4957

• Thanks 1

Pine Castle would be along South Orange Avenue while South Orlando would be more down OBT.

It’s pushing it, but for years Tropical Ford was infamous for ending its commercials with “In Beautiful South Orlando!” (Thanks in no small part to major UCF booster Manny Messeguer!)

http://ucfknights.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=34100&ATCLID=211766154

Edited by spenser1058

2 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Isn't that Pine Castle?

I would say Pine Castle is in South Orlando. 

Pine Castle is like the proper name of a particular neighborhood, while South Orlando is more descriptive of a larger geographical area.

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Pine Castle would be along South Orange Avenue while South Orlando would be more down OBT.

I dunno.... I'd describe Taft and the area around S. Orange Ave and Sand Lake Rd as South Orlando.

I'd call the area around the airport South Orlando, too.

• Like 1

I think the area around ORMC is generally regarded as Downtown South/South Downtown/SoDo among locals.

South Orange if we’re getting technical based on city neighborhood limits. (The east side of Orange Ave in this area is even designated differently than the west, as Lake Copeland/Delaney Park.)

And if we’re getting super-general with someone not from here, I think this area would get lumped in with downtown if looking at it from a regional perspective.

But South Orlando is a big stretch, in my mind. That’s getting into the area around the airport, or the Millenia area.

Or as Spenser suggested, we can always just go by what the car dealer commercials tell us! [emoji3526]

• Like 1

I may have misunderstood you, but these are both on the east side of Orange and are divided by Delaney.

I wasn’t clear. I generalized this area as the South Orange neighborhood, but where Delaney’s Tavern is located (east side of Orange Ave), it’s technically Lake Copeland/Delaney Park.

I drove by the Mama B's/ Foxtail location yesterday and wondered what was happening on it. I pulled up the lot on OCPA and there are 3 open permits. 1 Foxtail has no activity the other Foxtail has activity up until Feb 2019. There is a 3rd permit (BUS0001530-006) for "CR Alignment and Car Care", but because it has not been paid for it does not have a date (as far as I can tell). Does anyone know if this is an old permit that just never got acted on or is this the new planned tenant for this lot?

48 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

I drove by the Mama B's/ Foxtail location yesterday and wondered what was happening on it. I pulled up the lot on OCPA and there are 3 open permits. 1 Foxtail has no activity the other Foxtail has activity up until Feb 2019. There is a 3rd permit (BUS0001530-006) for "CR Alignment and Car Care", but because it has not been paid for it does not have a date (as far as I can tell). Does anyone know if this is an old permit that just never got acted on or is this the new planned tenant for this lot?

That permit is for 1101 S Orange BLOSSOM TRAIL which pulls up if you search for S Orange 

2 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

Good catch, my bad... weird how it appears on the same page as the Foxtail property on the City permit lookup page. 

It’s because it meets your search criteria.  If you added Blossom to the street, Foxtail wouldn’t appear