Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

3 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Also - this is going to be a thing 

BB411291-68D4-4016-AA2F-DF26153B8061.jpeg

I spoke with these folks recently. They concept is specialty baos (think pork belly, cheesesteak, veggie, etc)  and is from the same people that have Sodo Sushi. There were a lot of their staff people wandering around at the Sodo after dark event on Saturday.

I remember there was a Baoser's Castle in Portland- no longer there, but I think it also used the same Bowser image. They are not related.

1 hour ago, AmIReal said:

and is from the same people that have Sodo Sushi. There were a lot of their staff people wandering around at the Sodo after dark event on Saturday.

That makes sense.  I couldn’t figure out how they were staffed up months before opening.   Good to know it’s not a front for something else haha 

I walked thru the SoDo shopping center earlier. It appears the Gelato Fiasco has lived up to part of their name.

Also looks like Keller Williams has vacated, or is in the process of vacating both of their storefronts.

I'm sure the leasing management will fill the spaces with some sort of non-consumer based, low traffic medical provider any day now.

2 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

I walked thru the SoDo shopping center earlier. It appears the Gelato Fiasco has lived up to part of their name.

Also looks like Keller Williams has vacated, or is in the process of vacating both of their storefronts.

I'm sure the leasing management will fill the spaces with some sort of non-consumer based, low traffic medical provider any day now.

Keller Williams gets around. For a while they were on E. Colonial near Summerlin and for a while at Dr. Edgerton’s old office at Mills and Amelia. And, apparently SoDo. Now, on the road again. Willie Nelson would be proud.

On 9/25/2019 at 2:03 PM, spenser1058 said:

Keller Williams gets around. For a while they were on E. Colonial near Summerlin and for a while at Dr. Edgerton’s old office at Mills and Amelia. And, apparently SoDo. Now, on the road again. Willie Nelson would be proud.

These might be different offices. I believe part of the Summerlin office is still there, while some teams moved out to Bumby. 

• Thanks 1

I went to the gelato place half a dozen times.  It was... fine?  It never made any sense to me how a place that was based in Maine chose SoDo as a second location.

Marketing always seemed decent, had great reviews.  I'm guessing just another case of places charging too high rent with not enough foot traffic.

Edited by AndyPok1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Sadly, their fellow Mainers at LLBean seem to have no use for Florida.

Given the rise in popularity of online shopping, it's hard to see why a company like them would want to spend all that money to open a physical store in Florida, especially given the average temperature down here contrasted with the type of clothing that constitutes such a large percentage of what they sell.

I kinda doubt that the demand for Gore-Tex coats, heavy flannel shirts, fur-lined boots and fur-lined caps with fur-lined ear muffs would really be very high down here 

• Haha 1

They don’t sell much of that stuff during the spring and summer in Virginia, either. They just would need to curate the selection accordingly.

They also sell plenty of outdoor camping gear, bicycles and the like that no one in Maine is using during the winter but would still sell here year-round.

Not to mention home goods. Given the way Floridians run their A/C at 60, flannel sheets also work well here.

I’ve obviously always bought from them online but they haven’t been maintaining their website all that well (they even discontinued the app) as they’ve opened stores. Sadly, they hired the first outsider as CEO and he’s been taking the company down the same retail spiral that happened to Lands’ End and so many others.

3 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

I went to the gelato place half a dozen times.  It was... fine?  It never made any sense to me how a place that was based in Maine chose SoDo as a second location.

Marketing always seemed decent, had great reviews.  I'm guessing just another case of places charging too high rent with not enough foot traffic.

I never saw any marketing push for them which is pretty crazy for a company their size. I always liked their pints and the stuff in store was pretty good but I only went once.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:08 PM, Jernigan said:

Blurock assembling land on Orange Ave between Highway Place and Jennie Hewel Drive...

I'm very curious about this as it is very close to my home.  What is 'Blurock'? ( I googled but didn't get a clear answer)  Also how did you get this info?  Thanks!!

4 hours ago, otowntiger1 said:

I'm very curious about this as it is very close to my home.  What is 'Blurock'? ( I googled but didn't get a clear answer)  Also how did you get this info?  Thanks!!

They developed the plaza with Habit Burger/Mattress One/Verizon; Luckys Corner and they are doing the renovations at Fort Gatlin plaza.  

• Like 1