Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

• 2 weeks later...

The tower is built and open.   You caught a photo of their new medical imaging building on Orange just north of Kaley (red fence) and also a self storage facility in the other photo.

Also currently moving dirt:  the hotel next to the Hampton Inn on Columbia, Pineloch Townhomes just east of Luckys and PDQ at Luckys Corner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

IMG_20191121_104558.jpg

That would make damned good looking skyscraper. 

About 35 - 40 stories and right on Orange Avenue somewhere.

Maybe on the Golden Sparrow site. 

Why can't we get cool looking tall buildings that look like this???

The difference is a local non-profit with local ties that cares what their community looks like and for-profit developers and corporations whose leading mantra is “show me the money”!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

The difference is a local non-profit with local ties that cares what their community looks like and for-profit developers and corporations whose leading mantra is “show me the money”!

Meh. FL Hospital Advent Health does it better. And I've worked for both organizations for comparison.

9 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

Meh. FL Hospital Advent Health does it better. And I've worked for both organizations for comparison.

I was born at Florida San as we used to call it and the whole family lived through the meatless days, sneaking bbq in from Meiner’s and clams from the old HoJo on Orange Ave. We would never have thought of going elsewhere.

The last few years as I’ve had to choose between the two because of different networks, it just seemed like AdventHealth was getting more and more corporate in the way they did things. So a couple of years ago  I switched over to the “south of Colonial” folks and it’s been more my speed as a patient.

AdventHealth still has a long background in the community and is still technically a nonprofit so they would be my second choice.  I survived HCA during  a few of the years I was out of state and I hope never to have to rely on the Frists and people like Rick Scott again.

On 11/21/2019 at 12:56 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Other than the tower that says Orlando Health, I'm not entirely sure what's being built but downtown South is progressing right along

IMG_20191121_104350.jpg

This is the new class A Orlando Health Office Building and Parking garage going in across from the Sunrail Station.

image.thumb.png.f86558e3cfeb783bdea966fd2b03fec3.png

Edited by ragerunner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^^And to think people were advocating for the Amtrak station to be demolished and/or a new Sunrail station be built further down the tracks to replace it. <_<  Really pissed me off they let it fall into such disrepair in the first place. Amazing what a little spit/shine and elbow grease can do for a diamond in the rough.

We could never afford to build a station of that quality today, that's for sure.... especially with the little regard public transportation is given in Orlando.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nite owℓ said:

^^And to think people were advocating for the Amtrak station to be demolished and/or a new Sunrail station be built further down the tracks to replace it. <_<  Really pissed me off they let it fall into such disrepair in the first place. Amazing what a little spit/shine and elbow grease can do for a diamond in the rough.

We could never afford to build a station of that quality today, that's for sure.... especially with the little regard public transportation is given in Orlando.

It would be some ugly glass box with zero character if they built a new one nowadays.

• Like 2

Scott J reports Delaney’s is starting a brunch. Perhaps best of all, it’s a brunch buffet rather than the a la carte affairs that have become the standard of late.

The brunch buffets take me back to the halcyon days of my youth at Houlihan’s in Midtown Atlanta on Sundays. We dressed in our preppy finery and attempted to eat our way out of the hangovers built up at bars like Backstreet which stayed open until 4am.

This, of course, came after surviving a 9am Eucharist like the good Southern lads we were. Hypocrisy, thy name is Dixie. But I digress - Delaney’s should be just the perfect atmosphere for this.

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/4970-bullet-point-buffet-brunch-news-and-more

Edited by spenser1058

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Scott J reports Delaney’s is starting a brunch. Perhaps best of all, it’s a brunch buffet rather than the a la carte affairs that have become the standard of late.

The brunch buffets take me back to the halcyon days of my youth at Houlihan’s in Midtown Atlanta on Sundays. We dressed in our preppy finery and attempted to eat our way out of the hangovers built up at bars like Backstreet which stayed open until 4am.

This, of course, came after surviving a 9am Eucharist like the good Southern lads we were. Hypocrisy, thy name is Dixie. But I digress - Delaney’s should be just the perfect atmosphere for this.

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/4970-bullet-point-buffet-brunch-news-and-more

$39.99 per person. :rofl:

:stop:

• Haha 1