Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

15 hours ago, JFW657 said:

$39.99 per person. :rofl:

:stop:

EDIT: Just went to make reservations, and discovered that is $39.99 PLUS $10 for bottomless mimosas.  That's coming out swinging and saying that you are going to be the best brunch in town, and getting close to a Boheme-level of "Special Occasion once every few years thing" as opposed to "hey its my birthday and we haven't been to this place in half a year thing"

--

Standard price for a brunch buffet with drinks.

Santiago's has been the standard-bearer for 4 or so years now.  They used to be 29.95 and it was a STEAL.  It's up to 44.95 now, which is high.  But it is prime rib, lamb, crab legs, so ehh.  Before them it was OLV which was $20, but this was 2013.  Yay capitalism.

Other options are Chela which is $33 and Porch which is $35.  TuTuTango if you want to drive out to the tourist district is $42.  There's also Boheme, but that's more of a special occasion thing IMO

Edited by AndyPok1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

EDIT: Just went to make reservations, and discovered that is $39.99 PLUS $10 for bottomless mimosas.  That's coming out swinging and saying that you are going to be the best brunch in town, and getting close to a Boheme-level of "Special Occasion once every few years thing" as opposed to "hey its my birthday and we haven't been to this place in half a year thing"

--

Santiago's has been the standard-bearer for 4 or so years now.  They used to be 29.95 and it was a STEAL.  It's up to 44.95 now, which is high.  But it is prime rib, lamb, crab legs, so ehh.  Before them it was OLV which was $20, but this was 2013.  Yay capitalism.

Other options are Chela which is $33 and Porch which is $35.  TuTuTango if you want to drive out to the tourist district is $42.  There's also Boheme, but that's more of a special occasion thing IMO

Then of course, there's always Golden Corral.... :blush: :sick:

$12.99 + $2 for beverage. 

23 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

--

The Delaney chef and nearly half the staff came from Santiago's, so I think they will be gunning for their business. The chef told me he plans to make this brunch more elevated than Santiago's with multiple carving stations, crab legs, etc. I drove by there at 11:00 today (1st day of brunch) and no one was there.

I miss OLV. Not the brunch, which was more drunkfest than food, but the overall neighborhood aspect. The folks that ran it (not the owners that ran it into the ground) are opening a new concept in WD shopping center of Curry Ford district. 

After several months of delay Bao's Castle has announced they will open late February. I'm looking forward to this and wonder who his "talented chef from one of the best restaurants in town" is...?

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2019/12/10/baos-castle-coming-to-the-sodo-shopping-center?utm_source=feature&utm_medium=home&utm_campaign=hpfeatures&utm_content=HomeTopFeature

34 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

They look nice.

Six months from now they'll be covered in black tire tracks and oil stain blotches. 

I was kind of disappointed that aren't installing a brick mosaic instead. Just seems like a cheap alternative. It's basically stamped asphalt with inlaid thermoplastic that gets melted into the grooves. Should last longer & hold up better than paint, but I'm unfamiliar with the durability of this type of medium or how it will perform on a high traffic road.

58 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

I was kind of disappointed that aren't installing a brick mosaic instead. Just seems like a cheap alternative. It's basically stamped asphalt with inlaid thermoplastic that gets melted into the grooves. Should last longer & hold up better than paint, but I'm unfamiliar with the durability of this type of medium or how it will perform on a high traffic road.

It should last awhile, but it probably won't look nice and new for very long.

This product has good longevity. While it will fade over time it should last 8-10 years. 

Here is this product in two cold weather locations that deal with snow, ice, freezing temps, salt, sand and snow plows. Both were installed 6-7 years ago. Both are in downtown's with one on a busy street and the other on a major road.

Hopefully the City will get similar long term results as these cities have with the fraction of the cost of bricks and their maintenance costs. Note these are google maps views so the clarity of the photos/crosswalks are not as good as a real pic would be.

49213740781_74b6516d6c_h.jpg

49213972877_ceaf4c66cb_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ragerunner said:

This product has good longevity. While it will fade over time it should last 8-10 years. 

Here is this product in two cold weather locations that deal with snow, ice, freezing temps, salt, sand and snow plows. Both were installed 6-7 years ago. Both are in downtown's with one on a busy street and the other on a major road.

Hopefully the City will get similar long term results as these cities have with the fraction of the cost of bricks and their maintenance costs. Note these are google maps views so the clarity of the photos/crosswalks are not as good as a real pic would be.

49213972877_ceaf4c66cb_h.jpg

I'm sure you're right about the longevity, but in the above pic, you can see what I was talking about.

Oil stain blotches and tire tracks.

But then again, bricks would get them too, so it's no big deal and to be expected, given it's on a city street that cars drive over all day everyday.

At least we're saving the money.

Screenshot-137.png

From OBJ:

"Orlando Health eventually may demolish the existing 2,308-square-foot office building on the property to make way for a new facility that has to be determined, Orlando Health spokeswoman Sabrina Childress told Orlando Business Journal. That decision could come at some point in 2020. In the meantime, the building will be used for some of Orlando Health's storage needs".

Screenshot-138.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Screenshot-137.png

From OBJ:

"Orlando Health eventually may demolish the existing 2,308-square-foot office building on the property to make way for a new facility that has to be determined, Orlando Health spokeswoman Sabrina Childress told Orlando Business Journal. That decision could come at some point in 2020. In the meantime, the building will be used for some of Orlando Health's storage needs".

Screenshot-138.png

It would be great if they decided to just demo and bring Lake Beauty Park to the street.  

AF6BCDCF-5DDC-4360-BE09-D6070777FA5C.jpeg

• Like 2