Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

If you zoom in real tight on the front corner of the building in the rendering, you can see that the brick pattern they used to fill in those parts of the 3D model, doesn't line up with the perspective lines of the building. 

I guess even sophisticated modern computer rendering software has it's limitations. :unsure:

• 3 months later...
34 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Zoe's Kitchen got all their permits today so work should begin soon.  This is a new free standing unit fronting Michigan next to Boston Market at Southside

One of three Zoe's Kitchens planning to open this year in Central Florida. Corner of Lee and 17/92 in the K-Mart plaza is Winter Park is getting one as well. I can't recall where the third one is, I want to say Dr. P area. 

10 minutes ago, RedStar25 said:

Details? :)

I believe Mr. Jack Katz of Panama Jack has recently bought the Thomas Lumber site, he owns all those warehouse buildings to the north of that site. I've met him in person before and he did express an interest in redeveloping his property.

2 hours ago, metal93 said:

I believe Mr. Jack Katz of Panama Jack has recently bought the Thomas Lumber site, he owns all those warehouse buildings to the north of that site. I've met him in person before and he did express an interest in redeveloping his property.

I've always liked the brick warehouses around Franklin Lane and Ernestine. It would be cool if they would be (partially) repurposed.

22 hours ago, metal93 said:

Oh that's right. I remember sunscreen was mentioned in the conversation as a hint. He has an office nearby but it is unmarked if I remember correctly. 

On 1/21/2016 at 8:44 AM, RedStar25 said:

So I've been told that Thomas Lumber (on Gore) has sold their land for redevelopment. The north part of the property will be the first to be developed with residential units. 

How unfortunate! I know there's an ACE down the street, but it's been so convenient to run in there (during the week) and avoid having to go to Home Depot!

• Like 3

This is the only part of downtown that I visit at least semi-regularly (I get my hair cut down there once a month) and I can tell you that intersection of Orange/Pineloch looks great on the SW side.  The SE will soon be nice.  I mean, it will be hard to step up from a pawn shop with GUNS GUNS GUNS signs out front, but I think they can swing it.

The NE corner is pretty locked in, but could use some updating.

The NW corner, however, is awful.  That trailer park behind the BK has some seriously sketchy people in it.  If you've ever been to that WaWa, you've seen them trying to scam people at the pumps. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2016 at 8:44 AM, RedStar25 said:

So I've been told that Thomas Lumber (on Gore) has sold their land for redevelopment. The north part of the property will be the first to be developed with residential units. 

It's actually more than likely that this parcel was bought up to be part of a larger land sale to the hospital. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got a promotional thingy in the mail yesterday announcing the opening of a new burger joint called Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers.

Screenshot_20160521_103656.jpg

Located at 3200 S. Orange, just south of Pineloch.

Food looks like it's probably pretty good, too....

Screenshot_20160521_103754.jpg

...if not a little on the pricey side.

But then again, what isn't nowadays?

I'll probably give it a try once just out of curiosity.