Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

43 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I think its a terrible location and I never went because I had no clue how to get in there (plus I heard it was horribly expensive).

It was actually pretty easy to get in and out and the garage parking was pretty convenient.

Plus, if you didn't want to mess with it and didn't mind walking a short distance, you could park at Beardall and hoof it over there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I think its a terrible location and I never went because I had no clue how to get in there (plus I heard it was horribly expensive).

I think the location is much easier to access then the Lucky's Sodo location. I guess the term expensive needs to be tied to a comparison. Things costs more than Walmart or Aldi's, but about the same as their competitors- Wholefoods and Sprouts. I wish these 2 Sodo spots would turn into a WF/ Sprouts in one and Trader Joe's in the other, but since Publix acquired the Lucky's spot I'll settle for a Greenwise.

The Earthfare spot would actually be perfect for Trader Joe's

https://www.traderjoes.com/contact-us/location-request

What I wrote

Earthfare is closing Located in  9 W Gore St, Orlando, FL 32801.  This would be perfect for Trader Joe's.  Downtown/Sodo/Lake Cherokee, just lost both Lucky's and Earthfare and the closest Trader Joe's is in North Winter Park.  Give SODO a Trader Joe' s of its own.  #traderjoesinSoDo

Edited by codypet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AmIReal said:

I think the location is much easier to access then the Lucky's Sodo location. I guess the term expensive needs to be tied to a comparison. Things costs more than Walmart or Aldi's, but about the same as their competitors- Wholefoods and Sprouts. I wish these 2 Sodo spots would turn into a WF/ Sprouts in one and Trader Joe's in the other, but since Publix acquired the Lucky's spot I'll settle for a Greenwise.

They'll probably become workout places, nail salons or cell phone stores.

Some useless crap like that.

6 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Fairly easy to enter, I've never had any problems. If you're still curious, you might as well pay a visit before they're gone for good. If you're heading South on Orange, use either entrance. If you're heading North on Orange, use the W Gore entrance. Parking on first floor w/spaces dedicated to Earth Fare customers (similar to Paramount Publix). I don't think I'll be going back after today. Shelves aren't being restocked and employees say they expect to close in 2 weeks... some seem really bummed, while others are ambivalent. Some employees doubt they will get a severance pkg (unlike Lucky's employees).

As for the prices, they're in line with The Fresh Market, Whole Foods etc. -- but they're not affordable to the masses like they initially claimed in their press releases: "Earth Fare also values clean food security, or giving customers access to a healthier lifestyle by providing meals that are both healthy and affordable for families" or  “Healthy food improves lives, and our entire team is passionate about providing communities with better access to healthier, affordable food.”

S Orange Ave Entrance:

1912204859_EarthFareParkingEntranceonOrange.thumb.jpg.31eaf67d7cdb70fdbc4e08c71b8a44e3.jpg

Main Ln (off W Gore St) Entrance:

225509097_EarthFareParkingEntranceoffGore.thumb.jpg.dd953e13cf91461af3cbe0322cf1af49.jpg

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-winn-dixie-luckys-market-20200205-5dcaf3gvxvbhxgpvx4gesfvabu-story.html

Quasi related Winn-Dixie is getting some of the Lucky's markets as well including the Lake Mary location and the West Melbourne location that was supposed to stay open.  Irconically enough that location was previously a Winn-Dixie.  

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Oh boy! SoDo is getting a Twistee Treat at not-so-Lucky’s Corner: 

https://www.thedailycity.com/post/twistee-treat-orlando

From The Daily City 

My heart will always be with Goff’s, though...

I walked from the Walmart NM on Saturday across Pineloch over to Lucky's to see if I could find any good deals left, but Friday was their last day. On the way, I saw the Twistee Treat going up. I knew one was going in there because it was in the plans when we first started talking about it a couple of years ago. I was just surprised that it hadn't been completed and open business by now and I wondered if maybe the project was on hold or had died in mid-construction.

I haven’t been to one in years. They weren’t all that different from DQ but I thought the buildings were cool.

I’m a huge fan of mimetic architecture.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novelty_architecture

Goff’s On OBT south of Central is still my favorite, though. It seems a little thicker but I’m sure the fact we used to go there a lot when I was a kid (it’s 10 years older than I am) after going to Ivey’s with mom or picking up my dad after work on Saturdays from Hughes Supply has a lot to do with. Gotta love the sense of place that you get with spots like that.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/os-goffs-ice-cream-obt-orlando-post.html?outputType=amp

From the Sentinel 

Edited by spenser1058

On 2/11/2020 at 10:28 AM, HankStrong said:

@AndyPok1 might second this, but it's still quite a step down from UDF in Columbus.  They do both soft serve & scoops in ice cream & FroYo.

Now I want a Root Beer Float from UDF.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:10 AM, Jernigan said:

Wish the Publix plaza block had better pedestrian walkways to connect Delaney Park/Wadeview Park and SoDo for that matter to the new retail.

As someone that walks to YouFit / Publix  5+ times a week, could not agree more.