Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

• 3 weeks later...

We must fear it because its going to be HIGH DENSITY!!!

It does clearly say senior apartments so that flyer above is clearly misguided.  Also I don't know how well seniors are going to contend with an automated parking garage but maybe it'll be safer than trying to get them to park.

Sidenote to  Bungalower: What's with that gif?

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, codypet said:

We must fear it because its going to be HIGH DENSITY!!!

It does clearly say senior apartments so that flyer above is clearly misguided.  Also I don't know how well seniors are going to contend with an automated parking garage but maybe it'll be safer than trying to get them to park.

Sidenote to  Bungalower: What's with that gif?

Word from the meeting the developer had with the neighborhood is the developer got his hat handed to him. I'm told they were unprofessional and unprepared- no traffic numbers, no method for traffic to enter or exit unless traveling north on orange, sub standard parking plan, etc

Their proposal calls for 100% valet parking. Residents, guest and retail visitors will not have access to their cars- which will be parked via valet using the lift via an Orange Ave entrance in the center of the lot. Staff and deliveries have dedicated parking off 1-way Copeland Dr. meaning all staff and delivery have to access via Delaney to Copeland

My buddy said the neighbors made it clear they are more than open to the lot being built on, but thought this proposal was cobbled together by amateurs.  He said Dr. Winters made the developer and architect look like fools and even Commissioner Sheehan told them they need to reconsider the design.

Seeing as the developer only has an option on the lot and the plan seems so undercooked and they've delayed presentation to the board twice already I'm not sure it has real legs.

Just now, AmIReal said:

A little action at the Mamma B's/ Foxtail lot. I noticed new GC signs and people traipsing around the lot in hardhats yesterday. No sign of a port potty.

Any word on what was the holdup? It's been sitting in a partially demolished state for almost 2 years. Ridiculous!

1 hour ago, nite owℓ said:

Any word on what was the holdup? It's been sitting in a partially demolished state for almost 2 years. Ridiculous!

I'll ask around, but at one time I heard they wanted additional brownfield assistance AND they wanted a variance on certain City requirements re: the lot and appearance.

I have no idea if those were actual issues or just chatter.

Whatever the issues, Foxtail dropped their banner and took it off their website.  I know there was a rumor they were trying to get in the Starbucks building.   

Anyway, came to post that the OH imaging center on Orange just north of Kaley is vertical 

1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

Anyway, came to post that the OH imaging center on Orange just north of Kaley is vertical

And, according to OBJ, the development a block over- between Harding and Muriel- is nearly doubling in footage. The west side of Orange, from Grant to 408 is becoming quite the medical central/ ghetto (depending on your perspective)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Pretty much anything behind Orange, not fronting it is still rough looking.  Driving down Gore, Grant or Kaley really gives that impression.

It's "rough" looking but IMO, not in the way you're probably looking at it. It's industrial but my doggy daycare is back there and I never really feel "unsafe". 

• Like 1

I've been actively looking at houses on the other side of Orange north of SoDo, since well... its in essence the exact same as Wadeview.  But hasn't been any deals worth it.

Oddly enough a home I was looking at back in 2016 before I bought mine got taken off the market abruptly.  Saw it a few months later... on Zombie House Flipping

1 hour ago, Jernigan said:
Permit Number: MPL2020-10017
Project: SODO House by the lake
Address: 316 W MICHIGAN ST Orlando FL
Description: Administrative Master Plan for 25 multifamily townhome units, south side of Michigan St.

Google street view has a big live oak next to a big dead oak on that lot.  Townhomes are better than a couple of single family homes, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gtothree2748 said:

What a win for SoDo/Wadeview Park.  Starbucks is still close by (Pineloch or Target) if you genuinely liked their coffee but now a really hip place within walking distance replaces what was a less than desirable place to unwind or get some work done the last year or so.