Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

A bit of a shout-out to the actual SoDo project: the trees planted along Grant St. are coming along nicely. Apparently some thought went into planting for growth rather than just a throwaway to meet a requirement.

Remember: Orlando is part of the Tree City, USA movement. We really should act like it.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

I notice the relatively new tattoo place in the old 7-Eleven next to the slightly less old 7-Eleven at Kaley has closed, I’m guessing a victim of the pandemic. 

They had spiffed the place up pretty well. I guess @Jernigan will be holding off on his full sleeve for a bit...

Where the bike shop was?

Tornadoes touched down near S. Ferncreek and Lake Margaret. Hopefully, everyone is doing well.

We’re still having quite a bit of weather so stay safe!

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/weather/hurricane/os-ne-tornadoes-orlando-damage-sunday-20200607-uoysqt4krrao7ast63ndytkipa-story.html

From the Sentinel

Also, Rep. Anna Eskamani is helping with a tornado cleanup in the area tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/annaforflorida/status/1269734824580976644?s=21

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Tornadoes touched down near S. Ferncreek and Lake Margaret. Hopefully, everyone is doing well.

We’re still having quite a bit of weather so stay safe!

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/weather/hurricane/os-ne-tornadoes-orlando-damage-sunday-20200607-uoysqt4krrao7ast63ndytkipa-story.html

From the Sentinel

Also, Rep. Anna Eskamani is helping with a tornado cleanup in the area tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/annaforflorida/status/1269734824580976644?s=21

A fair amount of damage occurred at the Lake Margaret Village Apartments.

If it traveled up Ferncreek, it missed my house by a couple of blocks.

Too close for comfort, that is for certain.

• Sad 1

Too damn close.  When Channel 9 was broadcasting, they got a visual on the tornado and then specifically called out our neighborhood as next to get hit.  Grabbed baby Codypet and hid with mom in the bathroom.  Several neighbors got insane video of it as it went by.  We are ok.  Didn't lose power this time, but all the same.  Scary and way too close.

20 minutes ago, codypet said:

Too damn close.  When Channel 9 was broadcasting, they got a visual on the tornado and then specifically called out our neighborhood as next to get hit.  Grabbed baby Codypet and hid with mom in the bathroom.  Several neighbors got insane video of it as it went by.  We are ok.  Didn't lose power this time, but all the same.  Scary and way too close.

Glad everyone’s OK and your house didn’t do a Dorothy Gale.

Rode my bike down Briercliff and detoured around Wadeview Park today before heading north on Mills back to Anderson. A noticeable bit of damage in the Lake Weldona and Briercliff areas as well as some trees down in the Greenwood Wetlands. I guess the twister headed north from Conway to around Lake Lawsona before it bailed. Hope everybody is okay. Cheers.

Edited by Jolly Roger's Crackers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

That's a Shaq backed location. And he visits when in town regularly. I highly doubt that location closes.

How is it backed by Shaq? Genuinely curious. Have you been there lately? Almost half of the cardio equipment is out of order and a lot of the weight machines are worn out looking,  missing pieces or broken all together. It doesn’t seem like any celebrity would want to be associated with it. Maybe in it’s hay day but not in it’s current state. 

I actually saw shaq at the metro-west LA fitness a few years ago tho. That was cool.