Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

10 hours ago, Gtothree2748 said:

I know, we all knew Publix was in the process of taking over the old lucky’s space. Unfortunately, it has just been sitting untouched for months, since lucky’s closed. I was simply updating the forum that they are finally starting on the remodeling phase. :tw_thumbsup:

Over in the Volusia thread, I posted some pics of the Ormond Lucky’s conversion underway into a P. Apparently, they’re not in a hurry as it’s scheduled to open in 2021. Since the shutdown and purchase for both stores was about the same time, it bodes well for the SoDo edition, I think.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, codypet said:

The ladies at SportClips next door were told late 2021 for it to open.  They were wondering if that location could hold on that long.

That shopping center seems surprisingly busy despite the loss of the anchor. Or maybe its just the times I'm there.

Speaking of it being busy... it is also one of the worst locations to try to exit. Very poor traffic planning.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AmIReal said:

That shopping center seems surprisingly busy despite the loss of the anchor. Or maybe its just the times I'm there.

Speaking of it being busy... it is also one of the worst locations to try to exit. Very poor traffic planning.

Yes! On either entrance.  Technically, it appears the Orange entrance is striped as right in/out, but coming SB on Orange, you'd never know that and there's nothing physically keeping you from turning there.   The Pineloch intersection must have a sight distance issue because I constantly see people stopped across the EB lane trying to go WB and blocking everyone trying to go EB.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - this isn’t true at all!

According to someone on Facebook - Foxtail SoDo has opened.  I prefaced this post that way because driving by this morning at 745 the Edison lights were on but I couldn’t see anyone inside and didn’t see any  “now open” signage 

Edited by Jernigan

Glad to hear Earth Fare is coming back. It found it similar to Chamberlins in Winter Park before they withered away.

On 9/25/2020 at 12:59 PM, codypet said:

They must have been in negotiations the entire time because unlike Lucky's the stores weren't getting stripped.

IDK, everything in SODO Earth Fare was put up for liquidation... food inventory, the appliances, etc. Meanwhile Aldi & Publix are taking over Lucky's so that would explain why those locations were getting renovated.

I peeked into the Mama B's/ Foxtail building at Orange and Annie. I'm pretty confident in saying it will NOT be a Foxtail as there is no stub out plumbing in the front of the house. It is definitely set up for retail.

I've mentioned previously that if you google the address you get a CBD store, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is what will be there...

https://healrain.com/

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Interesting - he said “confirmed” but didn’t cite a source.  Hopefully it’s not fake news because I’d love for the one near Gore to pull in all the drive through traffic coming into downtown making the Wadeview one a little less crazy 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 3:35 PM, nite owℓ said:

IDK, everything in SODO Earth Fare was put up for liquidation... food inventory, the appliances, etc.

All of the refrigeration is still there. Most of the shelving is there, just not set up. Some of the kitchen line is left and the cash register stands are there, but moved. They simply need to reset and restock the shelving, hire and train the employees and open the doors. I hope they will push to be ready for Thanksgiving.

2 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Interesting - he said “confirmed” but didn’t cite a source.  Hopefully it’s not fake news because I’d love for the one near Gore to pull in all the drive through traffic coming into downtown making the Wadeview one a little less crazy 

Well, I'm assuming the reporter has a better source than me peering in the windows. Maybe they cut the plumbing at floor level and I just couldn't see it. Maybe coffee shops don't need much plumbing...? Like you, I hope this is a coffee shop as it would be really convenient for me.

One more nugget of totally unconfirmed rumor. I was told by someone who should know that a new gym operator is taking over 24 hr Fitness in Sodo. Again, I hope that is true, but I hope the new operator doesn't succumb to allowing the homeless to camp out in the pool area like 24 hr did.

45 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

One more nugget of totally unconfirmed rumor. I was told by someone who should know that a new gym operator is taking over 24 hr Fitness in Sodo. Again, I hope that is true, but I hope the new operator doesn't succumb to allowing the homeless to camp out in the pool area like 24 hr did.

That spot would be a great location for Orlando’s first Equinox (wishful thinking) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmIReal said:

All of the refrigeration is still there. Most of the shelving is there, just not set up. Some of the kitchen line is left and the cash register stands are there, but moved. They simply need to reset and restock the shelving, hire and train the employees and open the doors. I hope they will push to be ready for Thanksgiving.

Well, I'm assuming the reporter has a better source than me peering in the windows. Maybe they cut the plumbing at floor level and I just couldn't see it. Maybe coffee shops don't need much plumbing...? Like you, I hope this is a coffee shop as it would be really convenient for me.

I wonder if the Foxtail owner was dealing with the enviro issues, realized it was taking long, realized he could open a lot faster in the old Starbucks the came available and was like let's open this earlier and screw it, we'll have 2.  The hospital will support that Mama B's one alone and I think we can all agree the Crystal Lake location is well suited for SoDo itself.

13 hours ago, codypet said:

I wonder if the Foxtail owner was dealing with the enviro issues, realized it was taking long, realized he could open a lot faster in the old Starbucks the came available and was like let's open this earlier and screw it, we'll have 2.  The hospital will support that Mama B's one alone and I think we can all agree the Crystal Lake location is well suited for SoDo itself.

Duh. Lol. Alex knows what's up.

On 9/30/2020 at 7:45 PM, AmIReal said:

I peeked into the Mama B's/ Foxtail building at Orange and Annie. I'm pretty confident in saying it will NOT be a Foxtail as there is no stub out plumbing in the front of the house. It is definitely set up for retail.

I stand corrected... the tile crew was working yesterday so I popped my head in. There is, in fact, plumbing I just wasn't able to see it from outside.

Looks like Foxtail it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1